How many Buick 32-80 in the USA

Guffin

How many Buick 32 model 80 are still alive in the USA? I have tried Google and only found one 32-86. They seem to be rather rare.

Does anybody know if the -31 and 33 model 80is also have walnut wood interior (not wood graining but real wood)?

In Sweden there is only one, my 32-87. I have searched in Norway, Finland and Denmark with no result. In Norway they have a lot of model 90, both Phaetons and limos

Jan

i had some question about a 1933 mod 86, i have a shell of a car, someone replied there were 758 made, i cant find much info myself. as for the interior i cant help mine is missing, but there is a web for 1933 registry,im sure someone there can help. good luck

Guest imported_daydreamer

hi i run the 1933 buickregistry any thing about them i can help . the trim on the 33 is steel with wood grain . mac blair of the 32 buick registry can help with the 32 . if you need parts for 32-35 buicks please let me know . paul 1 231 946 6609 10-5 est

Thank you Mem and daydreamer.

I have some information about the number produced. In 1932 1800 model 86 and 4089 model 87 were made. There were more series 90 made that year. Perhaps we can expect around 40 to be left. I made a google search and found only a photo on Prewarbuic.com and one in a car club.

1933 was the worst year for Buick and only 1545 model 87 and 758 model 86 were made. In 1933 a few models 86C, 86S and 88C were made but I have never heard about any survivors of these.

Mem, how much do you have of the 86? It is difficult to find these large engines and drive trains. Are you going to try to restore it?

Jan

hi guffin

im glad you were able to find some info, you asked about the 33 i have,

its a mod 86, body #517, im in ma. the car is in nh, there are some pic of whats left of the car in the buick general forum, i dont have any intentions of restoring it, but i cant send it to a bone yard either, my dad rescued the car himself from a junk yard, he couldnt stand seeing it sitting there. i inherited the car recently and for that reason im probaly emotionally attached to it, and thats why i havent made more of an effort to sell it. id love to see it restored but only think there is enough left for a great street rod. its a shame more didnt survive. hope you find more info,

mem

Mem,

Your posting on this thread caused me to look back at your photos. I am not sure how I missed your original posting about your 33. I am in nearby CT and I think, rather then communicate back and forth about your car (I note there was not much response to your original)but I think I could offer some suggestions. What you have seems to be rather solid and I hope you are protecting the top to prevent water from reaching the wood. There seems to be a lot missing from this car, and I can only imagine those parts went to a roadster or something more interesting. What remains looks rather good. These are rather rare and perhaps I can offer some suggestions for restoration, or if you are interested in selling, we could discuss that, as well. Perhaps you would want to e-mail me separate from the forum at j.scheib@comcast.net.

John