Teeves Antilock Manual For Reatta!

Guest wally888

Guest wally888

Published in 1987-every 88,89 and 90 owner should have one of these! Has pictures in color!<BR> Title-"Teeves Antilock Brake System w/ Self Diagnostics" GM# 55205.02-1 (Why have they not told of it's existance?)<BR> Wheresjim is preparing to upload to his site and it will be available shortly!<BR> To order your own copy sales@factoryautomanuals.com (Dan Bower)<BR> The Manual is a supplement to the Shop Manual however, I think the Shop Manual is a supplement to this Manual. This Manual has great diagnostics but to accomplish many tests, etc., you also need the Shop Manual.

Hi,<BR> I had 1 copy ordered a few weeks ago , still waiting, though I re-ordered one today just incase the order did not get through.<BR>I will also try and see if such a manual is available via DGN Marketting.<P>Hi, <BR>I have received the Teves Brake manual, and the other manual the TSB's 4 inch thick manual ---very interesting manual.<BR> Cheers<P>Prakash<p>[This message has been edited by prakash raja (edited 12-23-2000).]

• 3 weeks later...

ordered the teeves brake manual from dan bower as soon as i found it on this site & recieved it promptly even considering the holidays. excellent service i would reccomend to all. appreciate the info. jds

Ordered my manual on the 14th of Dec. He e-mailed on the 18th and said it would be shipped the next day. Finally got it today (1-3-01). The stamp date is the 19th of Dec. It seems the UP Postal Service is the culprit. Book rate has a low priority with the post office. Interesting that he had only two left, but shipped a lot more than that, must have found another box.<BR>My manual came without a "Key", does anybody know what that is?

Guest wally888

Key( mine doesn't fit Reatta ALDL) Might be for Riviera, .Says A to G,I think), wrong pins.<BR> Shipper said he was looking for more manuals<P>------------------<BR> Will soon be older than three , 23 year olds.

The "key" just jumpers the diagnostic connector by the parking brake handle to read out the ABS error codes. The key is not required; just place a jumper wire from the right column of terminals, second from the bottom to a nearby ground. The amber ABS lamp will illuminate. If it stays on, there are no ABS error codes stored. If there are codes stored, the ABS lamp will flash those codes in a digital manner. Both the Reatta Service Manual and the Teves Brake Training Manual discuss this procedure.

Just ordered a manual from Dan and got confirmation that it was being shipped. He said he only had 5 left; that the "Reatta guys" had "made a run" on his supply. I'll post when I receive it.

Found the problem with Reatta heater. Changed thermostat three times. After studying diagrams for some time finally found an "O" ring was missing from all thermostats I had purchased. The "O" ring goes between the thermostat and the cooling neck. I paid $.44 for this ring. This does the trick! GM part number 12337901 - gasket.

• 2 weeks later...

I received the Teves Brake Service Training Manual from Dan Bowers yesterday. Looks like a great addition to the service manual. It mentions a video as part of the training. Does anyone have a copy?

Guest wally888

The "Key" provided w/ the Antilock Manual is identified as A to G but the Reatta Shop Manual has instructions for using different pins for grounding and reading codes set by EBCM. Wonder if A to G key is for Riviera? <P> Address to order manual is: sales@factoryautomanuals.com<BR> GM # 55205.02-1. <p>[This message has been edited by wally888 (edited 01-15-2001).]