Delco radio & CD available, maybe

Hank Ryan

I am planning on installing an AudioVox GC-600 unit in my 1991 coupe (120K miles) this weekend. I will be removing the original Delco radio/cassette and CD units. I'm considering selling these along with the trim for the CD housing. Should I sell them? Help me decide. [g]<P>------------------<BR>-HANK RYAN-<BR>Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

Hank,<P>I definitely think you should sell your factory CD/faceplate - to me that is. I am willing to pay you $350. Please email or call me.<P>Troy<BR>850-458-6943<BR>

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Troy:<BR><B>what color is the faceplate? fake wood or fake carbon fiber?</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>It is the fake carbon fiber. The radio/cassette, CD and trim are all factory originals from my 1991 coupe.

Thanks to Greg Fell, there is a wiring diagram for the CD harness available at:<BR> <A HREF="http://www.reatta.net/faq.html#CDPLAYERS" TARGET=_blank>http://www.reatta.net/faq.html#CDPLAYERS</A> <P>I believe all the connectors are ones that are normally found on 1988 and later GM vehicles.<P>BTW, to connect the AudioVox unit to my wiring harness, I rearranged the pin-out on a Radio Shack adapter (part no. 12-1791). The dimming on the Reatta harness is on the black C1 connector. Most of the GM adapters I found in car stereo shops only had three connectors for the vehicle harness (C2, C3 & C4).<P>------------------<BR>-HANK RYAN-<BR>Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

Any 1990 or 1991 Reatta or Riviera that did not come with a CD player will not have the wire harness to connect the radio and CD player together. If a Reatta came factory equipped with a CD player, the CD harness is built into the massive dash harness. There was a dealer add-on kit to add the CD later. This included the important plug in harness to mate everything together.<P>A used CD removed from a Reatta having a factory installed CD will lack the harness to connect the new CD to the old radio. Without the add-on harness, a retrofit CD is just about useless. It is possible to butcher the existing harness and splice it into a homemade harness, but it is a massive undertaking.<P>Unless a CD conversion includes the add-on wiring harness, the CD is only part of the conversion.

Hi Folks!<BR>I have recently bought a Reatta Conv., that did not come with the CD player, though it came with the Delco Equilizer, AM/FM Stereo Radio/Cassette. The cassette part would work though will not eject the tape, so a friend lent me a unit from his Buick Electra Wagon, which I have installed in the Reatta and without any modifications to the wiring harness it fitted just like the original.<BR>It is an AM/FM Stereo/CD player.<BR>The sound is crisp and very clear.<BR>Here is the old model# 16142094--this was the Radio/Cassette/Equilizer made by Delco.<BR>The CD/AM/FM by Delco from the Electra Wagon model# 16135343 or model#16084515<BR>I hope this helps, *P.S, there is no modification,uses the same set up.<BR>Prakash<P><BR>[This message has been edited by prakash raja (edited 12-03-2000).]<p>[This message has been edited by prakash raja (edited 12-06-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by prakash raja:<BR><B>Hi Folks!<BR>I have recently bought a Reatta Conv., that did not come with the CD player, though it came with the Delco Equilizer, AM/FM Stereo Radio/Cassette. The cassette part would work though will not eject the tape, so a friend lent me a unit from his Buick Electra Wagon, which I have installed in the Reatta and without any modifications to the wiring harness it fitted just like the original.<BR>It is an AM/FM Stereo/CD player.<BR>The sound is crisp and very clear.<P>Prakash<P><BR>[This message has been edited by prakash raja (edited 12-03-2000).]</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>That's good information, particularly for those who are maintaining their Reattas as everyday drivers. Do you have a part number for the replacement unit?<BR><P>------------------<BR>-HANK RYAN-<BR>Oklahoma City, Oklahoma