I could use some help!

rapidrobert

Greetings to all. I am new to this forum. This is such a great place to find information, so I thought I would join up because I could use some help. I have begun working on a series of color illustrations of all the historic vehicles from the New York-Paris race. This is sort of my little NY-PR centennial project. But as you might suspect, the rub is finding accurate information in the color schemes of all the foreign vehicles. Does anyone out there have information, along with the source, about the colors of the foregn vehicles. Any information would be helpful. Thanks!

Robert,

I recommend that you try the AACA Library and Research Center. The L&RC page on this web site is at: http://www.aacalibrary.org/

The L&RC has thousands of pieces of original automobile literature on many vehicles in their holdings. The collection includes:

Books

Sales literature,advertisements, brochures, catalogs, etc.

Owner's manuals,

Shop manuals

Parts books.

Periodicals including The Horseless Age, MoToR, The MoToR Show annuals, and Cycle and Automobile Trade Journal, as well as current periodicals.

Color chart books and boxes of color chips.

Photographs

sheet music

postcards

calendars

jokes, cartoons, annual reports, etc.

The L&RC has information on many rare and obscure vehicles, and could likely be able to help you.

You can contact the L&RC by phone, letter or email. The L&RC hours are 8:30am to 3:45pm Monday through Friday. The staff can make copies of information for you at a very reasonable cost.

Contact info for the L&RC is :

AACA Library & Researxch Center

501 West Governor Road

P.O. Box 417

Hershey, Pa 17033

Phone: (717) 534-2082

kmiller@aacalibrary.org

Kim Miller is the librarian. Kim and the rest of the L&RC staff are very friendly and very helpful. I'm not sure as to the extent of information on foreign makes but I beleive that it is worth a try.

Hope this helps.