Door lock cyl

Guest Gomer

Well after fixing the dimming problem I decided to tackle the door lock cyl. And now im here asking how in the heck you get to it to remove it. The cyl is jammed and the key won't go in all the way. Of corse I have got to have the biggest hands around so I can't just reach in and remove the retaining clip. Is this something I should get the dealer to work on, or is it just a case of removing a few things to gain access? I did a search and didn't find the answer i was seeking. I sware this is the last thing for a while. tongue.gif Thanks again

Having just been through that when I replaced a door, you have to pretty much disassemble the door. Service manual has the proceedure and to remove the actuation assembly some rivets will need to be removed and replaced.

The problem is not so much removing the cyinder as getting to the cylinder in the first place and there are some things attached to the back of the cyl that must be removed first.

If had to do it again, would probably take it apart one day and put together the next. Have you taken it to a locksmith ? Might be something they can fix without removing the lock.

I havent taken it to a lock smith yet but that will be the first thing I will do. This doesn't look like something I will be doing my self. Evan with everything out I don't see how my big hands will be able to get in and remove the retaining clip. This one is nothing like my 88 6000. Thanks for the help.

Guest F14CRAZY

Gomer: reminds me. At a local used car lot there's an AWD 6000. Not an STE. I've heard of them but haven't seen one in real life before this one.