NEW Michigan "Abandoned" Vehicle Law *DELETED*

Guest imported_CarFreak

Michigan has become very pro-hobbyist. I think the writer is over-reacting. The Michigan SOS Terri Lynn Land is very much behind the old car hobby. She is working with the Michigan Legislature on a bill called No Collector Car Left Behind. The bill would ease the use standards for collectors cars and make it very cheap to insure them as classic cars are assesses a much lower MCCA fee.

Go to the Hagerty.com web site and look under advocacy.

I don't think this bill regarding abandoned cars is as insidious as you might think. Local zoning laws cover most hobbyists cars now.

Below is a picture of our SOS posing in my car for a photo-op at the rally in Lansing last month.

340096_333_full.jpg

Continental Collection

You mean the "Jesse James Towing Company"? We had an outfit in Chicago once called Lincoln Towing, commonly known in the news as "The Lincoln Park Pirate". About once a month they were in the news for grabbing a car off the street and holding it at ransom to the owner. Many of these events led to confrontation and violence at the Lincoln office when the victim (Owner) came to recover the car and was threatened and some even beaten up when they complained about the juice loan rates they were gouged for. Stude8