Virginia Beach - I need to plan now!

59chevyguy

Steven,

It's difficult to say on the number of cars that might register for the meet. Since National Meets are held by different regions in different locations each year, the participation often fluctuates.. from a hundered or so to over a thousand (such as Fall Hershey). Tidewater is a very active region in an area that has a huge old car hobby, so I would expect that the number of registered participants will be fairly high. If you contact Tidewater Region closer to the meet date, perhaps someone might be able to give you a close estimate.

I'm not a member of Tidewater Region, but each National Meet and Tour typically concludes with an awards and closing banquet to finish the meet. Each of these are usually different in some way, but the trophies and awards are presented. When available, the information packet provided for the meet will contain all the details on the event.

The Tidewater Region celebrated their 50th Anniversary this past September. CONGRATULATIONS TO THE TIDEWATER REGION!

Steven,

Sorry I can't help you on that. I don't know anything about waiting periods and would have to look that up. Someone else can probably tell you from experience.

However, the AACA Judging Standards can probably answer the question and other you may have about judging. Its a valuable resource for having a car judged. The AACA Judging Standards are here: http://www.aaca.org/publications/judgesmanual2005.pdf

The VP of Class Judging is Randy Rutherford. rruthrerford@usa.net

Hope this helps.

Good luck on yopur Senior!

Steve,

Yes, you are eligible for your Sr. So far as how many cars to expect, that's hard to say but I'm a member of the Richmond Region which is just up the road from Va. Beach, we held the Spring National Meet in 2002 and we had just shy of 500 cars, seems like 492 was the number.

The Tidewater Region is a great bunch and they will put on a super meet. Sorry I missed you at Hershey, too much rain for me.

Thanks Tommy. Yea, Hershey was really wet. It just stopped raining here in MA about 6pm tonight. What a mess. I started building an Ark and was starting to pick two of everything to take with me; two 58 convertibles, two 61-63 convertibles, etc, etc.

Maybe we can hookup in VB.

Thanks,

Steven

I'm a proud Tidewater Region member and chaired our last National in 96 - we had just shy of 600 cars registered, then had about 150 no shows due to a hurricane (which fortunately also was a "no show.") We're holding this one in advance of the storm season so I'd expect 500 cars, maybe more. It should be a great meet with the showfield and trailer parking in the same location. There are lots of hotel choices in Virginia Beach and its before tourist season so rates are going to be quite favorable. See ya there!

Terry

That is correct. You cannot get your Senior and your AGNM in the same calender year. Bear in mind that if you get your Senior in 2006, the AGNM in 2007 will be west of the Missippi River. In 2005, the AGNM was on the outskirts of Denver, Colorado. At this point, if you decide to go for your AGNM, you'll need to either do some serious driving to the AGNM in 2007, or wait until 2008 (like I will be doing with my Mustang).