The Buick...Hemmings...and girls. Oh my!

Alright...fess up. Who sent the link of the Buick's story to the Associate Editor at Hemmings?

He emailed me saying he was interested in the story for the "Next Generation" column in Hemmings Classic Car, where they feature young owners in the old car hobby! I cannot believe it! I always knew this Buick would get itself into a magazine. smile.gif

I talked to him on the phone today. I need to get some pictures to send him. I have access to a digital camera. It just needs to stop raining. I will post the pictures then.

Now there is talk about four of my very attractive female friends posing with the Buick in bikinis... crazy.gif One can only take so much delight before one becomes completely delirious. I absolutely love this car.

Thanks to whoever sent Daniel the link. I really appreciate it. wink.gif

Good Deal! I'm glad to see some more Buicks in there. They did mine in May and I don't think I have seen another Buick since. Beautiful car.....I'm surprized I didn't think of getting bikini girls on my car but its a hearse so finding willing souls would be near impossible. cool.gif

Contgrats!!! Its nice to see some of the younger people getting recognized! let us know what happens and when it'll come out!

AACA and BCA needs to take note about younger people... I'd love to meet some more hot girls at the Nationals. smile.gif Hemmings though, I have to laugh a tad because they have even bought parts from us and they know me and my brother do the restorations and we're in our 20's. talk about an oversight! wink.gif

Update:

The photos have been taken. I do have one question, though. What is the proper name of the dark green paint color for a 1953 Buick Super? If the color is listed in the article I would like to have the proper name, thanks. smile.gif I will attach a few of the possible pictures. I will be editing the white blur on the roof out of the pictures.

Doesn't have to be four maybe just one large gir...never mind I guess we can wait frown.gifwink.gifJustin, it's really is great news, I always like an article about 53 Buicks or any Buick from the 50's. As Brian mentioned let us know what issue! Here's two of mine & another shot of a local cruise nite, I think there were over 20 Buicks present that nite!

Justin, I believe you are referring to Verde Green Poly.(code 52) but, just to make sure, try this site http://www.autocolorlibrary.com/cgi-bin/search/search.pl and check the paint chips as it could be Terrace Green Sympho.(code 58). Make sure to read the notes at the bottom of the card for 1953 as Verde Green Poly. nor Terrace Green Sympho. are shown under 1953 although they are correct colors for 1953 the card referances 49-52 paint chip cards. Hope this helps, Carl

Verde Green Poly, you got it. My dad started a maintenance log (a little tablet) in 1989. He wrote down the dates of when it was started and washed. It also lists the miles. I just remembered he has all the VIN info written down and it says Paint Code #52. Thanks Carl! smile.gif

John, pulling the motor & tranny for a winter cleaning & rebuild, always good to have a couple. The body is fairly good but there's alot lot of missing metal everywhere else. May chop it not sure yet....sorry guys crazy.gif. Keith, always liked that car & color combo, very nice. I thought this was nicely done.

Les

Keith, I remember you posted that once before. I sent a copy of that picture to my oldest sister in Utah, who drove a 53 Special 2dr Riviera (White over red) during college. She loved your car too.

Nailhead, Chop chop??? Oh boy, Please don't do it!!! The car is perfect as it sits. ( just my 5 cents worth)

John, it was just a passing thought. Not sure what to do with it, maybe not a chop but I don't know if you could ever get it back to original without putting a Brink's truck full of money into it. It's definitely not going to the crusher, I don't care what my wife, family & friends say wink.gif. Maybe just a slight modification of paint with a larger 'Buick Power Plant'....who knows, no money to do anything with it right now (2 daughters to get through University & out of my house 1st.) frown.gifsmirk.gif

Les

You could always make the supreme planter with it. Chop the top off, put in the front yard, fill with potting soil and plant flowers. So you still have a parts car and your wive has that big flower planter she always wants you to putin. just my 2 cents worth, you'll have to do the canadian exchange on that for me.

There seems to be some guy stuck to your car in all the pictures. You should probably deal with that before you try to take any more photos of the car. Sometimes they can be whisked off with a broom, but most of the time you'll need some sort of repellant or chemical spray to do the trick.

grin.gif

That guy was aked by <span style="font-weight: bold">Hemmings</span> to pose with the Buick. I can't stop him. wink.gif

Again, getting four girls who work and go to school together on the same day is pretty hard. Plus its getting cold outside. Now, I know what that means. Us guys would surely love that but its the ladies who have to pose out in the cold with almost nothing on.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You guys are impossible. I regret even mentioning it now. tongue.gif </div></div>

Chuckle. Well, you see, after MrEarl posted photos of Teri and Buttercup brought on by commiserating over not being able to attend the Batavia meet, when someone makes the suggestion, we tend to get a bit crazy...it just goes to show we don't have lives as we either deal with our Buicks or spend time here. We certainly weren't worried about getting all four...one would have done nicely grin.gifwink.gif