FS or trade, 65 GS???

Mr Buick

I may live close enough to come see your cars. My email has a TDS.net domain, too!

TDS = Two Dented Soupcans

TDS.net = Thousand Dented Soupcan Network

TDS/DSL = Darn Slow Linkup

Don't 'ya just love rural phone service?

Out On "K" we had RoadRunner, it was blazin' fast.

We moved to a small town, served by RR, just 1.5 miles away, they won't hook up our farm, so we're stuck with a DSL from TDS which is only marginally faster than dial-up.

I bet you're near Brass Ball Corner, I'm almost on top of it.

One of our nieghbors has a cherry 70 GS in gold.

Another has a 68 Gto in Indigo.

Recognize the nieghborhood?

Randy,....

Our TDS system is located in Western Wisconsin, specifically one hour SE of Eau Claire. It must be a statewide thing, huh? Are you looking to sell your Reatta or trade? Sure is a nice one. I have been thinking about starting a BCA chapter in this neck of the state, do you think it would go over?

Thanks for your time,

John

Hi Terry,

Neillsville is 25 miles Northeast of Black River Falls which is about 35-40 miles north of Kendall. Are you in Monroe county? I am in southern Clark county. Did you want to come up and see the GS, or do you think a chapter of the BCA would work in our area?

Thanks for your time,

John

John

South east corner of Monroe Co. There are some pre war Buicks in this area,four in and around Tomah with more down by Baraboo. A few owners belong to the BCA but are not very active in the club.

I can't get my Email to work right now but when I get it up and running I will send you a P/M.

Terry 29-26

Sounds good Terry,

I got the GS out and brought it to work this morning. Beautiful day for it. We get a lot of looks at it as it is parked out front of the Buick dealership I work for. I work til noon today (Sat) then I will do some polishing on it whe I get home.

John

The black/flame 91 drop-top would NOT be available for trade, yet I may consider a trade for the 90 red/tan 16-way seats ragtop.

I have descriptions and more photos posted at the Buick Buy/sell forum on this site titled "FS 1988-91 Reatta coupes, convertibles show winning cars!!"

Please leave a comment there, (it's on the 2nd page now), to "bump" the thread.

I will send replies thru that thread, so everyone gets the same info, and I'm not repeating myself too often.

Here's a photo of the 90 drop-top, taken at the BCA midwest regional, where the car was awarded Bronze, behind the 91 coupe's silver and the 91 droptop's gold awards.

Based on published values, and recent sales data, You'd need to include a pile of cash along with the GS in trade for the black/flame 1991 Reatta convertible.

I appreciate your interest in it, and feel you have impeccable taste.

We could work out a trade on the red/tan 1990 ragtop, Granted we agree both cars match in value.

Your GS is very nice, and must be worthy of your price. Yet not nearly as rare as the Reattae which you desire.

Bear in mind, the Reatta convertibles are among the most rare american cars built in the past 50 years. Less than 2500 of these cars were built over their 2-year production cycle. In 1991 only 305 drop-tops were built, most were destroyed, leaving 150 for sale to public, and 46 were given to GM execs. Only 196 cars were available, making these the lowest line of american cars produced since the 1959 Eldorado Brougham, with only 101 cars produced. In 1990 only 2132 ragtops were made, making them very rare as well. I have seen only one other drop-top on the road in the past 5 years, traveling from TX-AR-TN-MO-IL-WI, and only 5 of them at shows. Of the coupes, I've only seen 4 on the road which I have'nt bought, and 4 at dealerships.

There seem to be a plethera of them available on eBay, and other web sites, but their condition, asking price and selling prices vary wildly. I've seen 91 droptops sell as high as $36,600 and low as $12,300 averaging @ $18,800. 1990 ragtops have sold between $24,800 and $6500, averaging @ $12,600.

I'm sure your GS is also very rare, based on "how many are left". But the Regal/GS/GN line is still in production.

In 40 years, when these Reattae are as old as your GS is now, how many could be left, and how much more rare would they be?

In a couple months, Collectible Automobile magazine will release an article on the Reatta line of cars. It may include photos from the event where our three entries won gold, silver and bronze awards, and photos of George Madsen's Reattae, where the author spent an afternoon with George, Jim Finn, and Barney Eaton researching Reattae for the article. These gentlemen are among the most respected authorities in the Reatta Division of the BCA. Barney is the technical advisor, and all of us are active contributors to the Reatta forum on this site.

An article in a recent Hemmings touts the Reatta as "the most desired" of the "new collectibles", and values are climbing fast-due to their extreme rarity, as well the sleek, sexy look of their design.

I've posted this info for your comsumption, not to flame you, nor defame your beautiful GS. I'm trying to be consice and informative, not curt.

Best wishes to you in your endeavor, hope you find a match to your car's value, and your desire.