Console lighting

Guest rong

I have not been able to understand the console lighting yet. I recognize the electroluminescent panels for the shifter and window and mirror switches. When I had the console apart, I could not find the inverter. Does anyone know the part # for the console inverter? I'm still working on tracing the wiring. The manual calls for the inverter to be under the ash tray, but I can't find...yet! Any help is appreciated.

The inverter looks just like one of the many black relays found in the black box in front of the air cleaner and ABS on the firewall. I believe the inverter was yellow and had a label stating "110 Volts."

On an 89 the inverter is black and has a yellow label. It looks just like a regular relay. It is located under the ashtray and the two centre terminals should put out 120Volts AC. when the headlights are turned on, this is true provided that the other two terminals are bringing in 12Volts DC. In my case they were not. I couldn't trace the problem so I simply cut the 12volt supply and teed into the cigarette lighter lights. it works great.