WANTED! 89 Maroon/Burgundy Coupe

I'm looking a buy an extremely clean, low mileage (under 60k) Maroon/Burgundy 89 Coupe. The car must have been kept garaged most of it's life so that it doesn't have the fading problems that the elements do to it. I would like it not to have parking lot dents or stone damage to the front or the windshield. I'm located in California but would travel if necessary.<BR>Thanks,<BR>John Friese<P>Home: 805-682-3490<BR>Cell: 805-570-4778<BR>e-mail: jfriese@mindspring.com

• 2 weeks later...
Guest wally888

Taking advantage of your update to remind of my 89, Burgandy, w/ window tint, spoiler,new paint(there were no dents or accident, just got behind gravel truck and their insurance paid for painting),front struts replaced, new plugs and wires, brakes, accumulator,etc. but 131k. but might consider $4650! need to get it out of driveway and pine straw!

That's just too many miles on it for me. Doesn't yours have a spoiler on it? What's with that spoiler? It doesn't seem like anything that Buick ever offered.<BR>Thanks anyway,<BR>John

• 2 weeks later...

Hi John...Have you checked into the <A HREF="http://www.traderonline.com" TARGET=_blank>www.traderonline.com</A> listings? I just bought a 1990 Burgandy that I found listed there. I think I remember calling on an 89 Burgandy listed in the Detroit, Michigan, area that the guy wanted $7500.00??? if I'm remembering correctly. Good luck!!<P>Mike Book BCA # 9202<BR>Reatta Club # 407

Hi Mike,<BR>I check Autotrader.com about daily. I've seen several maroon/burgundy 89's but they all had high mileage. There was a slightly high (82k) car around Detroit and the owner sounded like a maintainance guy, but he couldn't send pictures and I was afraid to fly that far given the limited information.<BR>Thanks,<BR>John

I saw one on an Oklahoma car site, <A HREF="http://www.accessokc.com/shared/autos" TARGET=_blank>www.accessokc.com/shared/autos</A> <P>"1989 BUICK REATTA, MAROON COUPE, good condition, nearly new tires, recent GM certified rebuilt trans, must sell, asking $3800 or best offer (918)583-1425 TULSA"<P>There are some other Reatta's for sale on this site, but this is the only maroon '89.<BR><P>------------------<BR>Doug Harness

Thanks Doug,<BR>I have already talked to the owner of that Reatta. He has actually been through 3 or 4 transmissions on this car. Something must be warped to be killing those transmissions. He candidly told me that it's not in very good shape. There are still some honest people out there.<P>John

John, <BR>I have an '89 Maroon Cpe. Some dings. Worst is left headlight door. Also has 121K miles; however, very good condition otherwise. Burgandy inter., org. unfaded paint. Complete & org except floor mats. Oh! Has sunroof!! My e-mail address is: waf1961@hotmail.com. Home phone 410.376.0152 in Maryland. <BR>Bill