1929 Buick 25. anniversary roadster???

ThomasBorchers

Hello you all.<BR>A friend told me often that he has a special 25. anniversary model which is very rare. He says it is the shortest wheel base with the largest engine of the year 1929. That means 116 inch w.b. and the 309 cui engine. It is a roadster. <BR>Was there such a car? If yes, how many were built and how many exist now?<BR>Thanks for your help.<BR>Tom<BR>

Thomas, the year is right for the Silver Anniversary of Buick. And there was the Series 116 (wheel base), but my references say that series had only the 239 CI engine. The 309 was in the Series 121 and 129. No reference to an special anniversary model. Hopefully a real Buick fanatic will come up with better information.

Tom,<P>The model 25 was a Holden Body. It was made in Austrailia only. There are only a few known to exist. It is the 116 wheel base, but I can not vouch for the size of the motor. I would want to believe that it could not be the 309 ci motor because of the size of the engine compartment. I have a model 26S, 2 model 44, and 1 model 44x. I can not see how a 309 could fit in the 116.<P>Fisher made all closed cars, including the convertable coupe, and Stewart Body, which was on the Buick facility made the open cars. No US literature discusses the model 25. Even my Export Literature does not mention the 25. I will try to locate the persons name who has done the most research on this car. He is either in NZ or Austrailia.<P>Kevin

Ron~~<BR>Yes, if you said the "Standard Catalog of..." shows only that what you said and there was no Roadster at the 116 series.<BR>Kevin~~<BR>Yes it would be great to know more about this car. But why did they call it a Model 25 because they used since 1928 a three digit series number. Or do you mean the body style number? #25 is a 4d touring and this car is a roadster.<BR>It would be great if you can find out more.<BR>Thanks<P>Tom

Opps... Sorry.... You are correct. The word Roaster Through me for a loop.<P>The model 25 is the small series phaeton.<P>The model 24 is the small series roaster that is a Holden Only Body. <P>The model 25 is by stewart and is a US model. The 25x is an export Model.<P>I also may have misunderstood the question/Topic as well.<P>The 1929 Buick is the Silver Anniversary Buick (25 years). However I first read it as potentially a model 25. <P>In 1929, they had the 116,121,129 series. All models in the twenties were 116. All models in the forties were 121, except for the model 49, and all models in the fifties were 129 series.<P>Where is this roadster located? Is it a right hand drive model? On the firewall, there should be a data plate. Does he have this? What model does it say?<P>Does this car have a fold down front window? or is it a fixed windshield. I ask, because I have seen some people claim to have a model 44 (the only known US model) and they have taken a coupe and made it more like a convertible coupe. <P>I am quite interested in what you find out.<P>Kevin