Moon Roof Possibilities...

WISoldier

I own a 91 reatta and am considering the possibilites of installing a sun roof. Does anyone have any information on the possibilities and structural concerns on that sort of a task?<p>[This message has been edited by WISoldier (edited 10-27-2000).]

I have driven a Reatta that had an aftermarket moonroof, and the wind noise (when closed) was unacceptable. I think this may be because the Reatta roof has a curve to it and the glass moonroof panel was flat.<P>------------------<BR>-HANK RYAN-<BR>Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by WISoldier:<BR><B>I own a 91 reatta and am considering the possibilites of installing a sun roof. Does anyone have any information on the possibilities and structural concerns on that sort of a task?<P>[This message has been edited by WISoldier (edited 10-27-2000).]</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>I have two reatta with moon roofs 1 is after market ant the other is factory ,if intrested you can call me at 508 822 3730 or email me.Both unit are in good working condition<BR>Tony <BR>

I would be cautious about installing a used sunroof/moonroof because of seals and or leaks. If not removed and reinstalled correctly, you chances of a leak are high. <BR>If you live in a metropolitan area, check the phone book for sunroof installers. <P>I really hate to see you put a non-factory accessory on a '91 coupe of which only 1,214 produced. <P>------------------<BR>Barney Eaton Reatta technical advisor for BCA and keeper of the Reatta database.

I considered replacing my rusted sut moon roof with glass. Their is not a maufacturer who makes an aftermarket sunroof for the reatta. Any that are out their are all customized ($$$) or taken out of another reatta. Indiana and Michigan dealers were unable to find the parts for a new roof.