Pot Metal Chrome Plating.

Guest AWBE

I just got back some headlight doors and taillight housings for a 1955 76-R (which were in horrific pitted condition when I purchased them from eBay) which I had sent to George Iverson (Iverson Automotive) in Minnetonka,Minn. He had me ship them to him and then he called me and told me how much he would charge to repair and replate them. He said I would have to pay 1/2 up front ,then 1/2 plus shipping when they were complete and that it would take 7 or 8 months to finish. I had read a recommendation of him on this board and even though the price was very high I told him to go ahead. (I kept the ones on my car which are in pretty good shape---but bad enough to get a 3rd place instead of 1st place in the Southeastern National AACA show.) They re-done pieces are magnificient. I don't believe they looked as good when they were new. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND HIM. He is fairly steep on the cost, but does impeccable work in the time frame he estimates. His telephone number is 800-325-0480. grin.gif

He had to grind a good many ---I also believe he had to fill some. They were pittedd badly and pits were sticking out and there were holes which were fairly deep.

That's actually not a bad price. I had mine done at J & P custom plating in the midwest and it was more than that. I am very happy with what they did but it sounds like George did an even better job. But it was still way less than The Finishing Touch was going to charge. I think their estimate was more like $1020 per side. I HAVE seen their work though and it is outstanding.

Mike

George is The Man!

I live near him in the Mpls MN suburbs; he has done a lot of items for me. Beautiful work, and cost/timeframe always as promised. A guy with integrity and skill in equal large measures. He has become a good friend as well. I also recommend him in the strongest possible terms.

Steve Robin

BCA #33891

Doesn't George also do stainless straightening and polishing with his "secret sauce"??

I will probably need him for my 49 Roadmaster. But on another point - I had a 54 Chrysler New Yorker once and sent my taillamp housings (2 total) to Paul's Chrome Plating and I just sent them and told them to provide an estimate and I would then send the money.

These were badly pitted too. I got a quote back for $550 and about choked. I had $1500 in buying the whole car! Makes western chrome seem like a bargain. Buy a piece that just needs polishing maybe.

Bryan Moran

BCA 28571