Unwanted Messages in Guest Book

markIII

Is there a way to stop someone from posting in the guest book of a web site? I have received in the last two days about 30 posting of about 10 web sites each for all sorts of spam type junk... diplomas, travel, etc. I would like to be able to ban this poster from my site. Any suggestions?

I never added a guest book to our region site.. dont know why..just never did. On one of my personal car related sites, I use a Guest City guest book and it has a function to ban problem posters based on their IP number used in the post. Of course some people can change IP numbers like socks so some may still get through until you ban them again. I haven't had to use it too many times because I've never really had much trouble with unwanted posts or spam.

John, Having the email address on our region web site has proved to be a good membership tool for our region. I also get the occasional requests for wedding cars, but also get a number of requests for membership information from prospective members... information about shows..meetings, etc. A number of our newer members found out about us through our web site and sent in email for information.

I have a guest book on a site that I manage and it has a function that allows me to preview any post before it's up in the guest book. You can just delete the entry you don't want. I have never put a guest book up on the car club's web site but I hope this helps.

tcmb67