What is a fair price for a nice 89?

My father has an 89 Reatta that I would like to buy from him but I'm not sure of a price. It is in excellent condition with 96K. It was repainted the original claret red last year and has had four new struts and sway bar links within the last month. I replaced all of the rotors, calipers and pads a few years ago and also replaced the timing chain, gears, dampner and crank trigger at 68K. It was purchased as a salvage car because the original owner drove it into a semi trailer at low speed and squished the hood, fender and door but no structural damage. It was a light hit and the car still has the original front bumper. In the past 11 years, he has had no problems associated with the accident. Everything works except the crt goes off when you hit a bump as well as the some of the dash lights. Any idea of the value for this car? It is loaded except for a sunroof.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by fastguy:<BR><B>My father has an 89 Reatta that I would like to buy from him but I'm not sure of a price. It is in excellent condition with 96K. It was repainted the original claret red last year and has had four new struts and sway bar links within the last month. I replaced all of the rotors, calipers and pads a few years ago and also replaced the timing chain, gears, dampner and crank trigger at 68K. It was purchased as a salvage car because the original owner drove it into a semi trailer at low speed and squished the hood, fender and door but no structural damage. It was a light hit and the car still has the original front bumper. In the past 11 years, he has had no problems associated with the accident. Everything works except the crt goes off when you hit a bump as well as the some of the dash lights. Any idea of the value for this car? It is loaded except for a sunroof.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR> What you can do,is check the kelly blue book,that will give you an idea of what the car is worth,then you can go from their to find a fair price.Don't forget it is only a starting price for it. Good Luck.<BR>Tony<BR>

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by fastguy:<BR><B>My father has an 89 Reatta that I would like to buy from him but I'm not sure of a price. It is in excellent condition with 96K. It was repainted the original claret red last year and has had four new struts and sway bar links within the last month. I replaced all of the rotors, calipers and pads a few years ago and also replaced the timing chain, gears, dampner and crank trigger at 68K. It was purchased as a salvage car because the original owner drove it into a semi trailer at low speed and squished the hood, fender and door but no structural damage. It was a light hit and the car still has the original front bumper. In the past 11 years, he has had no problems associated with the accident. Everything works except the crt goes off when you hit a bump as well as the some of the dash lights. Any idea of the value for this car? It is loaded except for a sunroof.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR> For got to give you their web site,it is <A HREF="http://www.kbb.com" TARGET=_blank>www.kbb.com</A> <BR>Tony<BR>

Hey I just can't help myself... Not so fast FastGuy. OK there I feel better. But serioulsy, I bought an 89 coupe on L.I. from the original owner in July with 98k miles. The car is in near mint condition, factory serviced with many new parts (including CRT and computer). I paid $3250. That's what she had it in the paper for... I couldn't find itin my heart to chew her down. Kelly Blue book lists it around $6k (I think). I've oftne seen them in my local paper (L.I. Newsday) in the $3k to $5k price range and some higher. If you want to get a REAL good look at a lot of Reatta's for sale and a wide variety of prices try autotrader.com<BR>