91 Caddy V8 ?

Note to Swiftly, Back in 5-9-00, you reply to a post about putting a Caddy V8 in your Reatta. Just want to know about changes you made to the frame or motor mounts. Also, is the handling being effected at all? I bet you have one fast Reatta!<P> Please Post<P> Thanks

No changes are needed to the frame of the Reatta to install the 4.9 L Cadillac. You do need a good auto/electrical computer person to make the needed wiring changes. The weight is not changed. Performance is greatly improved. There is a photo of the installation under the Deluth road trip posting. Swiftly.<P> <BR>

It's spelled Duluth! I was on the Duluth<BR>roadtrip and saw Swiftly's car. It is amazing. Punch in "Duluth" in search and <BR>you'll find Duluth roadtrip and pix. An individual took some great pictures<BR>including the 4.9 white beast! <p>[This message has been edited by Peter Gariepy (edited 10-27-2000).]

I'm sorry about the Spelling its Duluth. If you have a question about what I have done with my car and engine, I will try to answer them for you.<BR> Swiftly

I looked up the Duluth road trip and seen your car Swiftly, looks real nice. Right now my V6 is running real strong, but a year down the road who knows? Anyway I'll be on the lookout for wrecked 91 caddy and try this myself. One other question I have is about the touch screen computer, how much if any of its functions did you lose in changing the computer and motor. <P> By the way, this is a Great sight<P> Thanks

My Reatta is a 90 so I do not have the touch screen. My heating/cooling system is the automatic type. You set the desired temp and it does the rest. This function is run by the BCM which is not removed. I did loose the function of the RPM and engine temp. Oil pressure and voltage work OK. I just now purchased small 2 inch Tach and Temp guages wich I will mount on the A pillar. I found a nice looking mount in the Summit auto parts Catalog.

Swiftly, In the photos of your road trip it looked like you blacked out the rear/side windows. If this is so, did you have any problems in doing this? It looks great!<BR>Count another Caddy install in the future, the V8 sounds like fun. <BR> Dusty

Yes I did have the windows tinted with the 80/20 film. I think it looks good with the white car. I know its darker than big brother says is allowed but it has been on for 2 yrs and no problems.