1911 AB Pistons

RickAB

Hello there,

I'm needing 4.5"+.040" pistons, pins and rings to suit my AB. Now of course I only need 2, but the manufacturer (Arias) only makes custom pistons in a minimum of four. This gives me two options - one, I find someone who needs the same size pistons and hardware and we share costs equally, or 2/- there's already someone out there who has gone through this exercise and has a spare pair sitting on the shelf.

Any takers?

Thanks

RickAB:

I did my Maxwell AB with Arias pistons about 4 years ago and was able to find a buyer after the fact for my two extra pistons. We added a significant dome to the top to raise the compression and it turned out very nice. I no longer have my AB or the Arias paperwork, but you might use my name in asking Arias about the custom design and how that relates to what you are doing.

Good luck.

Bob McAnlis

There is a Maxwell site on Yahoo. http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/maxwellbriscoeowners/

This was be another good site to put your request. You would need to register to post on the site but there is no charge.

There is also a Maxwell registery and we would like to have you and your Maxwell listed if you arn't already.

Please contact Vern Campbell dvcampbell@toast.net

Leroy Francies

Thanks for the response Bob and Leroy.

Bob -In fact when i recently looked back in the Maxwell Registry forum it was your posting way back many years ago that alerted me to Arias making the pistons. I have in fact bitten the bullet and orderd 4 new pistons, figuring that someone will eventually want my spare pair. If all else fails, I will restore my spare AB engine with them and keep it as a backup.

Leroy - Yes, i'm in the Registry and know Vern well. Thanks for the tip on the othr Maxwell forum. I might wait until I have the pistons in front of me before I do anymore about advertising them. Don't want to presell them and find they aren't the right thing at all!!

Thanks again for your replies.

Regards