Beautiful TC Scale Model (Look)

Avanti

Found this on the diecast.org website. The original manufacturer of the kit was a French company called Alezan. I checked and they are no longer in business. The model is 1:43 scale and made of resin and metal.

Apparently, the kit wasn't totally correct and this guy had Bruce Arnold Models (known for making very expensive 1:43 scale Cadillac models) re-do it. It looks incredible for only 4.5 inches long.

http://www.diecast.org/diecast98/html/asp/forums/forum43/viewMessage.asp?id=4818&start=4818

-Tal

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I want it...! </div></div>

Since Bruce Arnold is also a manufacturer, maybe he would re-release the kit complete with the corrections. I imagine a fully built and detailed model done up to match a owner's car would run at least $120-180.

BAM's original Cadillac models have been selling on eBay for over $300.00 each! Check it out.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=223&item=6967822599

-Tal

Cool. Grand Prix must have some connections because the Model Auto Review website reported that Alezan discontinued all new production and will be closing their doors by the end of the year.

Nevertheless, I would still prefer the BAM version since Alezan flubbed the wheelbase and gave it an incorrect Lebaron interior. Here is another photo of the revised interior by Bruce Arnold.

baminterior.jpg

-Tal

I picked up one of the pewter TC's that apparently came with some of the early build cars off of e-Bay last year. Appears to be about 1:43 scale and pretty accurate, and on a nice little stand with nameplate. Havn't seen one come up since then.

The original owner of my car, my step-mother, remembers getting one with the car, but has no idea where it is now. Makes a nice display with some promo materials at a show with the car.

You can confirm the accuracy of the model's scale by simply dividing the real car's overall length, width and wheelbase measurements by 43. If the numbers match the measurements of the model, it's correct.

Incidentally, I have a pewter Cadillac Allante, which is closer to 1:40 scale. I would not be surprised if your pewter TC is larger than 1:43 scale.

T