Price for New Brakes Reasonable?

Guest Dolores

Guest Dolores

After all the talk about aftermarket brake pads, I called my local Buick dealer and they told me $149.95 for new brakes for the front or rear. If all replaced approximately $300. Does this sound reasonable? Is there anything I should make the dealer aware of when installing the brakes besides use GM pads? Thanks. Your quick reply is appreciated. I'm taking the car in tomorrow.

I paid $105.00 for a front brake job on my 1990 convertible. I went to a store here in Minneapolis called Tires Plus. They do great work at good prices. I believe they used Raybestos brake pads. For a dealership, $150 is not too out of line. I also paid $30.00 to have the brake lines bled. My car only has 48,000 miles, but with brakes being a potential problem, i figure the new brake fluid might be a cheap investment. You may want to consider it as well. Have the dealership check to see if the brake fluid is dirty.

Is that for just the parts (pads) or for the entire front or rear brake "job" (pads, machine rotor, bleed hydraulics, pack bearings)?<BR>It would be on the high side if entire job but, rediculous if just for parts.<p>[This message has been edited by Rick Villeza (edited 03-29-2001).]