1928 Model 52 Landau Sedan

I was just wondering if my old Chrysler is still around. I sold a partially restored 1928 Model 52 Landau 4-door sedan in 1970 to a gentleman in North Georgia. Did it ever get completed? Has anyone run across such a car in the southeast?

• 15 years later...

Chris,

Thanks for resurrecting this old post. and welcome to the forum. Heck, this post is almost old enough to qualify as an antique itself! You'll find lots of information, help and friends if you hang around here for long.

It's probably amazing to some that I'm still around, but I would still like to find my old Chrysler. I sold it around 1970 to James E. Kelley of Canton, Georgia who worked for the Forestry Department. The serial (Fedco) number was W186Y and the motor number, which was the registration number was 86101. 

I'm not in the market for anything at this time but enjoy talking about and hearing about cars. What model is yours? What are your plans for it. Any photos? We always like photos on this forum.

Chrysler007.thumb.jpg.74068ab88a8f309fb5664d8c2591bbcd.jpgChrysler008.thumb.jpg.ca31c534985f680ea7071acd212da03f.jpg

Don

Edited by DLynskey
Added Photos (see edit history)
  • 2 months later...

It would be quite a project but nothing too complicated and parts are available.  The Chrysler 52 was a strong seller so many parts cars are around, plus many parts are interchangeable with a mid-20s Maxwell or a 1929 Plymouth. The hardest part is the wood and yours looks to be pretty good. I believe I see front brake drums which means you have 4-wheel hydraulic brakes -- a big advantage over the 2-wheel mechanical brakes on many of them, including the one I had.

Finished it would be a reliable vehicle for leisurely driving and a curiosity at the local shows and cruise-ins. The engine was bullet proof but unhappy above 45 mph. I bought mine in 1959 from the original owner. It was his only car and he used it for 30 years as a salesman covering a 100 mile radius or so. No telling how many times the odometer had turned over, but it would still start with a quarter turn of the crank, and I took it as is on a few AACA tours, up to 100 miles, in the condition you see in the photos.

Thanks for the photo and post another for us when you finish the restoration!

1656376432_chrys52photo.jpg.d71951e683d94b76ab646b6dc8433c48.jpg

Don

Edited by DLynskey
Added Photo (see edit history)