To Barney Eaton

Thank you for your response to my question about selling parts. I am now registered. By way of introduction I am a 25 year employee of Buick Motor Division. All of that time was spent in the field contacting Buick dealers as a representative of Buick. I recently sold my Reatta convertible which I have owned since 1990. I guess its time to part with all the stuff it is so easy to accumulate when you work with it every day. I have had several responses directly to my e-mail address and it appears check or money order is the preferred method of payment. I have had the remotes tested by a Buick dealer to ensure that they operate properly. I have also discovered that they can be shipped Fed-EX 2 day for about $5.00. I look forward to being of any assistance possible as a Reatta enthusiast, however I cannot and will not be drawn into a discussion of problems as a G.M. representative. I have been reading the BB for some time now really enjoy it.<P> Regards,<P> Rick<P>

Welcome to the discussion...that didn't hurt a bit, did it?<P>Do you have any other Reatta items. I am always looking for Reatta literature to document model changes etc.<P>If you have a document with the VIN number of the convertible you sold send me that along with the colors and options so that your former car can be added to the database. <P>------------------<BR>Barney Eaton Reatta technical advisor for BCA and keeper of the Reatta database.

Welcome to our group. I look forward to your input. I do have a question for you. Did any GM officials have Reatta's built just for them with one of a kind features or colors? For many years I worked at Lincoln-Mercury dealerships and every once in a while a Ford "big wig" would show up in a Mercury or Lincoln that had DSO paint. Nothing else, just a non standard paint. Just wondering if there might be any "special" (no pun intended) Reatta's built. Again nice to have you aboard.<BR>Howard

DSO MEANS "DEALER SPECIAL ORDER" AND REFERS TO PAINT FOR FORD CARS AND TRUCKS.<P>FORD ASSEMBLY PLANTS HAVE "DSO' SPRAYBOOTHS FOR THESE CARS OR TRUCKS THAT HAVE PAINT THAT WOULD DISRUPT THE NORMAL FLOW OF PRODUCTION IN THE PAINT SHOPS.<P>BOB

Hi Howard; The only "special" Reatta's I know of were the "select sixty" convertibles. "Select Sixty" was a competition among all Buick dealers to be one of the top 60 dealers in the U.S. as rated by sales, profitability, customer satisfaction rating etc. One year there was special Reatta with different badging, interior etc. available for those dealers. I'm sure many of them were later sold to customers.<BR> Hope that helps,<P> Rick

Hi Barney; I'll look around this weekend for the Vin of the convertible. Some of the Reatta items I have left are:<P>several new 1990 shop manuals<P>car cover (made for Reatta) in very good condition<P>a passenger side side beige floor mat (new)<P>2 electric showroom wall signs featuring Reatta<P>Reatta showroom pylon ( this one is real different). It is about six feet high, 3 sided, about two and one half feet on a side. It's pretty heavy, I'll probably have to find someone in the Atlanta area that wants it. Its probably about the only one left, but on the other hand, I might be the only one left that thinks it is pretty neat! My wife would have made it disappear two moves ago but she couldn't lift it.<P>a Reatta owners manual. The Black zippered one. It is new as well.<P>I think thats about it. I might find some other items as I finally get all the boxes unpacked from the last move. Again, Thank you for your advice on selling the remotes.<P> Rick

Is your Reatta car cover an exterior type? If so what is your price? Also, does your black zippered owner's manual include the pen, tire gage, flash light and note pad? If so what is your price? Thanks.

Rick... I'd also be interested in the cover and owners manual. I just bought a select 60 that was sold by Jacobs Buick in Chicago a.k.a. Twin Buick. I didn't notice any special badging. Could you elaborate. Thanks and welcome to "the group"!