dashboard crack

my 91 reatta just developed a small half moon crack on right side , top of plastic dashboard near windshield. anyone know how i can repair this? ...also ,can a dash cover for a reatta be purchased anywhere? Thanks for any help, joe.P

Guest llaramie

I have a fix for you. <BR>Pull the glove box by removing 7 torx/hex screws that hold the glove box in place.<BR>2 on each side, 2 on top and 3 on the bottom of glove-box. <P>Then, with the underside exposed place some epoxy to the crack and apply a plastic square on top of that to hold it all together (PC-11 is a great "2-ribbon" epoxy product. <P>PS: Dealer says the Riviera part is available for $99, but you have to paint (Reatta part is discontinued). <BR>He thinks the part is not the same as Reatta's, because the part Numbers are different.<P>[This message has been edited by llaramie (edited 10-06-2000).]<p>[This message has been edited by llaramie (edited 10-06-2000).]

Guest wally888

All 3 R's I've owned had cracks. I wrote an article, in FAQ, Tom Jenkins site, about<BR>their cause, how to remove grille and pad.<BR> The cracks occur at the pad fasteners. Evidently, over the years, the two parts of the fasteners seize and as the pad tries to expand and contract, the fastener on the pad side can't move, thus a crack.<BR> I oiled all before re- installing and suspect, unless they are freed, the cracks will completely encircle (1/2 moon) the fastener and that part will no longer be a part of pad.<P>------------------<BR> A recent report said,"Humans only use 20% of their brain." Think what it be like if we used the other 60%!

I purchased a dash cover for my 91 Reatta from Wal-Mart. It had to be ordered but the cost was less than $30.00 including the shipping. I ordered the valour material and the fit was perfect. This was several years ago so the price may have gone up

thanks to llaramie, wally888 andbwix. our walmart doesnt carry anydash covers but found a local auto parts store that ordered a cover for 29.95..and i will try removing glove box to do repair.