Eastwood Spot Welder

fordee9r (Ron Springstead)

• 2 weeks later...

OK, let me put it this way. I'm putting a floor panel and rocker panels in my '49 Ford and am not sure how to proceed. Three flanges, the floor, inner rocker and outer rocker panel were originally all spot welded together. Does anyone know if the Eastwood spot welder is capable of this job?

I've considered welding the inner rocker to the floor and then the outer rocker to the other two. Any suggestions? I'm not a bodyman and could use some help. Thanks.....

Guest imported_PackardV8

I do not know what the Eastwood spot welder looks like.

The fundemental (tho subtle) operation of a spot welder requires some means to PINCH the 2wo pieces of metal together REAL TIGHT at the point of weld. So-called gun type spot welders have never worked for me.

Dan,

I doubt that the design has changed much since the one I've been loaned looks pretty crude and that's why I made this post. You attach the + lead to the arc welder and attach the ground clamp. At a max of 60 amps, you apply the electrode to the surface and, when you feel the weld is complete, you pull the trigger to break the circuit. Seems simple enough but simple doesn't always work. Thanks for your reply....

• 10 months later...

I have used the Eastwood Spot welder with great success. Like any other form of welding technique the matting surfaces have to be very clean in order to allow the arc to fuse the metal together. I found out that one rod, which is six inches long will be good for five feet of welding with spots being one inch apart. THIS TOOL WORKS REALLY GOOD AND WELL WORTH THE MONEY.