Silly ? Select 60s

Guest Dolores

Guest Dolores

My reatta is a 1990 select 60 convertible White/Flame Red. I always heard that the select 60s are "special". My question is, even though they are 1990s are they built with 1991 specs????? Such as the 16" wheels and I have not experienced the brake problems (knock on wood) as most other Reattas. What are your thoughts? For instance if I am looking for a repair manual would it be a 1990? Thanks

Your Select Sixty is a 1990 model and virtually everything is the same as other 1990 model convertibles. You have the '88-'90 Teves brakes, the '90 style top latch, '90 motor and transmission. The changes (upgrades)are mainly cosmetic..ie<BR>the '91 flame red trim, '91 style white wheels, and the white leather seats. All Select Sixtys also had the pinstripe delete option and black side molding. <P>Another question sometimes ask... could a regular '90 convertible be made into a Select Sixty? It's possible but you would need a '91 flame red donor car plus some way of changing the door panels to white in addition to finding someone to make white skins for the 16 way power seats. After you did all that, the "Service parts identification lable" in the trunk would need to be counterfieted. The donor car would need to be within certain serial number ranges to fit into the known Select Sixty build.<P>------------------<BR>Barney Eaton Reatta technical advisor for BCA and keeper of the Reatta database.<p>[This message has been edited by Barney Eaton (edited 10-10-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dolores:<BR><B>Barney, thanks for the info. What was different on the top latch for the 1991? </B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P> It had motor driven pull-downs on the back Bow.<P>