Im A Proud New Owner

Hello<BR>I just bought my NEW 90 Reatta Hardtop today.<BR>It was love at first sight. I have been a car buff for all my life but I have never given much thought to a Reatta. I think I have been missing something.<BR>I want to know everything about my new prize.<BR>Are there any books to tell me about them?<BR>What should I do to get more involved in my car/<BR>Are their cults of Reatta owners? (I hope so)<BR>I hope someone will write and bring me up to speed.<BR>Thamks<BR>"Mike"<BR>ms1@peoplepc.com

Pay attention to this site. This is the only life raft I have found that's really worth holding on to. No books. No other parts outlet that's generally trustworthy. No support from Buick. No other "positive" forums from knowlegeable individuals.<BR>Oh, and get a Repair manual (not to be confused with an owner's manual). It'll save you some headaches. Post any questions here, no matter how stupid you think it is. Someone will do their best to help. Many of us here have extensive familiarization with all facets of electronic, mechanical, and digital systems. Otherwise, just keep reading these posts (all of the old ones too, if you have the time), don't be frightened by what may "appear" to be a trend (like the brake system), keep her well maintained, and enjoy your purchase.<BR>We're all here to help each other! smile.gif

Welcome to our secret sect. Do a search on the left top of the discussion page for service manuals. The sources in Canada are usually cheaper because of the exchange rate. A service manual is the first thing you by after gas and insurance. These cars are electronic intense and a simple problem can drive you nuts without the manual. <P>Send me your VIN, colors and options and it will be added to the database, which can be viewed at <A HREF="http://www.reatta.net" TARGET=_blank>www.reatta.net</A> and is now viewable by year. <P>Also everyone out there might consider the Reatta Division of the Buick Club of America.<BR>We have a quarterly newsletter with information and technical stuff too complex to post here. You also get the Buick Bugle every month and we try to have Reatta "stuff" in there also. Both publications give you free ads to buy or sell. Look at the Reatta web page for details. <P>------------------<BR>Barney Eaton Reatta technical advisor for BCA and keeper of the Reatta database.