Diagnostic malfunction

When going into the diagnostics screen, every option will always display an example error messagewhen you press the "OK" buttons. These are only messages that are displayed WHEN and IF there are any errors.<P>If you have any real problems, the screen will automatically flash the error screen, and some lights on the speedometer module may also flash. To test this and see an example of what I mean for yourself, run your car until it is down to about the second last line on the gas gauge. You will hear the little "ding-ding" sound alarm, the gas gauge will say "Low Fuel Level" or something to that effect, and the computer screen will flash the screen from the fluids section that says the same, but with more detail.<P>Don't worry! I did the same thing when I got my car - I was about to call the seller to give them a piece of my mind, but one of the other users on this Forum came to the rescue.<P>However, if you want to see a real list of current problems or errors, go to the Climate screen, press "Off" and "Warm" at the same time, and you will be taken to a screen which will give a rundown of "Current" and "History" error codes, e.g. EO34, B152, etc. You would need to write them down as they appear, because they only stay on the screen for a few seconds before the next one apears.<P>Each of these codes have a meaning or error description, and there are a few posts scattered on this Forum that explain some of the codes (do a search on ECM codes). If you post your list on the Forum, I am sure someone will answer with descriptions for each code. (I'm not exactly sure where one can get a complete list of explanations - maybe someone can answer that?)<P>As for the seat, someone else may need to answer that for you.

Hey there Gtto,<BR>If your seats are anything like the '90-91's, don't fret. The seats don't lock! smile.gif<P>Scare the mess out of me when I first bought mine and realized it. If you don't use your seat belts, you'll go through the windshield! How's that for a "Supplemental Restraint System"? grin.gif<P>Don't worry, once the belts on, you'd be hard pressed to move anywhere if you so much as accelerate too fast. It's somehow inertia activated and QUITE EFFECTIVE in keeping you still.<P>LOL and I hope this helps. Maybe someone can tell if they're the same throughout the years. (BTW, it's a Great system, once you get used to it!!)

The car in question is a 1989. When I go to the diagnostic screen, it says ok to everything but when I try to check an individual level,for example the AC refrigerant,I get a message that it is very low. I get this same message for all the individual levels, such as oil, coolant etc., but these ,too, are all ok. Anyone have any ideas?<BR> I also have a problem with the seat "locks". They should lock the seat backs into position once the car is started but they don't seem to work. Is there a sensor some where that needs to be replaced?<P> Thanks, <BR> Gary<BR><P>------------------<BR>