Manifold leak

I noticed a small drop of oil on the garage floor the other day. When i checked around the engine compartment i noticed a little oil on the back side of the engine. I brought the reatta (1990 conv., 48,xxx miles)into the dealership for a tune-up (spark plugs, wires, coil pack, fuel filter). The mechanic said it looked like a small leak at the manifold and not to worry about it. <P>Should I worry about it? I'm still getting about a drop or two per day. I'm putting the car into winter storage (heated) in two weeks, will the leak get worse? How much should it cost to fix?<p>[This message has been edited by Swimmingbear_99 (edited 10-04-2000).]

The only way to replace the rubber seals at the ends of the intake manifold would be to pull the manifold. The leak is more annoying than harmful. You might check your PCV system to be sure the engine is venting properly. If it is malfunctioning, excess pressure can build in the engine causing leaks that would not normally occur. The leak should not continue while the engine is inactive.<P>------------------<BR>Hal, btk@vbe.com