Dad mentioned a motor swap project...

Guest F14CRAZY

Guest F14CRAZY

Oooooops, Padgett. I think you're right.

Haven't sold the Claret Red convetible yet, so my dad and I are thinking of a motor swap again. I posted on a Caddy board about the N* and they kinda discouraged me, saying that the L67 would be much much easier to deal with, and with an intake, exhaust, and underdrive pulley, would make close to the Northstar's stock horsepower, plus all the aftermarket support for it.

So we might end up going that route. I read about the GM tuners L67 Reatta and I guess they swapped the old 3800 sensors onto the L67 and doing something else about supercharger control. From what I understand about these electrical systems, it would seem that it would be easier to remove the '90s ECM, wiring, etc and most everything else electrical that matters and use the L67/4T60e wiring and related stuff. Get it running and worry about the instrument panel etc later grin.gif

Guest F14CRAZY

I'm currently in the Philippines (for about a week) so I haven't posted much. Here because my brother is getting married (he technically is but they haven't done the fancy stuff yet). I'll be back soon though.

Got me thnking: since I turned 18 earlier this month, that means that if I ever sell my car or truck, I can say it's been "adult owned" or "adult driven" grin.gif Yes! (noticed a lot of ads in a classified ad magazine have that)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest F14CRAZY

Ah yes. I kind of did see that one...

I've been exchanging some emails with GMtuners.com. They're pretty nice in explaining stuff to me and how they got the L67/4T60e all working. I'm trying to work out a joint venture with my dad. We'll see...

Guest F14CRAZY

My newest idea...

The "series 1/TPI" motor isn't much different from our "Fuel Injection" 3800, is it? If this is true, couldn't a the parts from a '95 supercharged Park Avenue (or similar) bolt on?

I'm desperate for more power grin.gif

Guest MauiWowee

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My newest idea...

I'm desperate for more power grin.gif </div></div>

Why? Been "spanked" lately? cool.gif

Guest F14CRAZY

Mario sold his Regal (yeah, no more TPI) and got a '96 Mustang GT. But Reatta.net says my car isnt even in the 16 second range...

A hand built luxury performance car? With today's numbers, 17 something is dismal.

Guest F14CRAZY

ah yes. I recall that now. Quite a bit better than stock. If I were to supercharge I'd do intake and header-back perfromance exhaust. How about the exhaust manifold trick?

Hey F14,

It still b would be a lot of work even to change out to a 3800sc. I still think the V8 is the way to go. I install the V8 in my Fiero and there was nothing like it. I had corvette's and my last one was a 95 Vette and that Fiero with the Cad V8 just haul's and the sound of the V8. Now with the Reatta I know it will be more of a challange. But, like I said it is when you fire3 it up is when it is all worth it. After my post and a lot of people were saying to go RWD. I like that. When you have FWD drive you can only have so much power going to the front wheels. RWD handles and controls a lot more power. So, I decided Northstar RWD...That is my winter project.