Sign in to follow this  
Reatta Man

Anyone interested in a used ABS unit?

While in a local junkyard this weekend, I spotted a complete, intact Teves ABS unit on an '88 Park Avenue. It appears to be identical to the one on my '90, totally intact, still contains brake fluid and all the hoses and wiring harnesses are still attached. The parts manager tells me it is the same unit used on the Reatta. <P>My question is this: does anyone have any interest in any parts from that unit? If so, let me know quickly. Rare parts have a habit of disappearing quickly from that junkyard, and I would have to make a significant investment to get the entire unit, which is the only way they will sell it. However, if there is something of value on the unit that other Reatta owners can use and can't get any other way, I'll salvage it and sell the parts or the entire unit on here. <P>Reply on here or send me e-mail.

Did the yard quote you a price for the entire system?......Dan

The 1988 ABS unit is different than the 1989-1990 unit due to the 1988 having a hose to connect the pump, while the later units have a steel tubing. The whole assembly from a 1988 will probably fit a 1989 or 1990, but some of the parts from the 1988 are unique to only that year. I purchased a complete 1988 ABS on Ebay six months ago. There wasn't much interest in it; I paid $125. <BR>Since then I purchased a whole wrecked Reatta just for parts, so now I have one extra of everything. If any Reatta owner is truly planning on keeping their Reatta forever, a parts car is recommended.

ABS was an option on the 88 Park Avenue so not all 88 Pk Aves will have ABS. We have one that was purchased new that does not have ABS but we remember trying one out that did have the option. 88 was either the first or second year for ABS as an option on the Pk Ave.<P>We believe that ABS was standard on all years of the Reatta.