Sign in to follow this  

tape stuck in deck in my 91' reatta. how can this be fixed?

I put a tape in the deck of my 91' reatta, and then it just decided not to come out at all! when ever i push the eject button it just makes a bunch of clicking noises then goes right on back to playing the tape. None of the other buttons work exept the button that changes the sided. this is realy annoying me, because i must push eject 3 times in a row in order for it to go to the radio. and i am realy tired of hearing the same stupid tape greet me every time that i turn on the car. some one please help me before i have to hurt the car!

AFTER YOU HAVE REMOVED THE TAPE DECK THE IS A PASTIC WHEEL ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE DECK.<BR>TURN THE WHEEL UNTIL THE DOOR OPENS. IF HTIS FAILS THERE IS A "L" OR "Y" LEVER ABOVE THE PLASTIC WHEEL. YOU MAY NEED TO TAKE THE BACK COVER OFF THE TAPE DECK TO GET AT THE WHEEL AND LEVER. SORRY FOR BEING VAGUE IT'S BEEN A YEAR SINCE I HAD MINE APART.

Mine sometimes does the same thing.<BR>Keep fighting it. Keep pushing the eject<BR>button, eventually, sometimes after 40 tries,<BR>it will pop out. I think I need to have mine rebuilt too. Same deal with the CD, I have to keep playing with that as well in order for it to eject the CD...what's worse about the CD, is that I have to warm the player up (READ: drive for 100 miles or better) before it will act normal...and even then....<BR>I just play the radio any more. Tired of fighting them.<BR>Good Luck.<BR>Jim Houston

My tape deck did the same. I kept playing with it and finally got the tape to eject. Sometimes I'm a slow learning, so I tried a different tape with the same results. When I finally got that tape out by pushing eject over and over, that was it. I use the radio now but only with the top up. Listen to the wind with the top down. LOL!

well i thank you all for your replies, i guess that i will just have to keep fighting with the stupid thing! another question, where would i take the radio to be fixed after i get the tape out? if it ever comes out. please tell me if you know.