Electric Windshield Wipers

Guest AWBE

Are there any electric Windshield Wipers that can be camoflauged to look like the Original vacuum ones on my 1955-76R??? I've got a new Maintainence-Free Battery that looks like the real thing and also a hidden in-line electric fuel pump. I had the vacumn wiper motor rebuilt by "Wiperman"---it now works, but not very well. Suggestions, anyone??????? Joe Miller smile.gif

Be sure that the vacuum lines to the wiper motor are good and attached correctly, and that the vacuum boost part of your fuel pump is working well. If that is OK then send the motor back to Wiperman. If the motor is working correctly, it is better than any electric and is infinitely variable.

I have no trouble with mine and I do drive in the rain anytime I get more than 50 miles from home.

Willie

Joe

The routing of the vacuum lines is as follows: from the manifold to the connection on the lower part of the fuel pump (back side). The front side connection goes to the wiper motor right side (not the center, which is not used).

There is "Y" fitting before the wiper motor, splitting vacuum to the washer switch if equipped.

For trouble shooting connect directly to the manifold....the wipers will work well until the engine is under load. Also eliminate the "Y" connector in case there are leaks to the washer switch.

Willie