Fatality Analysis & Reporting System (FARS)

I have analyzed 1988-1997 FARS data from NHTSA. I hope to analyze 1989 and 1999 soon.<P>So far, I've looked only at 1988-1990 Reattas and Rivieras because no one can tell us what other vehicles had the Teves II ABS.<P>The stumbling block is that all I end up with a list of crashes in which a person died. It is a list of ALL crashes in which a person died in those years and a Reatta or Riviera was involved somehow in the crash.<P>With that, I can ask states for the Traffic Homicide Investigation Reports (THI). Hopefully they won't charge a heck of a lot. The THI will have data on skid mark patterns. From that, we'll be able to tell if there were NO brake marks or, perhaps, a one wheel lock up. Or, a regular ABS-style braking pattern.<P>I'll start this when I can. It looks like there are maybe 100 (+/-) incidents, so I'm not sure how much of this I can afford.<P>I may come back and ask for help. I know Florida charges about $25 for a typical THI (they charge by the page). OTher states have NO charge. Some states don't release the information at all. I'll keep you posted.<P><BR>