Central Minnesota, Western WI, N. Iowa Reatta-eers!

Anyone in this area interested in a short (~100 mile, ~1 day) Reatta Run? I'm thinking something like meeting in the Twin Cities and hitting either Red Wing, Stillwater, Duluth, or some other such place of interest (NOT THE MEGAMALL!!! and we don't need to be Minnesota-centric. A honkey-tonk in Podunk, WI works, how long to see the bridges of Mad. Co.? (Not the movie!) Is it worth it? Sure would provide photo ops to post!). My interest is in getting together to enjoy these jammin' GM's on one of the nice remaining days of summer.<P>Mine's an '88 Saphire Blue Firemist coupe with 31,000 miles. What yours?<P>High hopes that the responses to this are more active than the recent parting out postings!<P>Vroom? Vroom? Anyone?

If the group comes to Duluth I'd be glad to have you stop by my place. Reattas and old cars are a hobby of mine. I have a total of 10 Reattas. 4 or 5 of them are parts cars and the others have some damage but are rebuildable.

Could this be the holy grail of Reatta-dom? The ultimate cruise? A roadtrip to parts heaven! I love it!<P>Can we add a Viking funeral for one of your rougher cars on Lake Superior as an added attraction? Sort of creates a sense of mysticism & spirituality, don't you think? <P>OK, OK! It was just a thought... wink.gif

COUNT ME IN. I LIVE IN THE TWIN CITIES AND WOULD LIKE TO SEE TEN OR MORE REATTAS IN ONE PLACE. LET US KNOW WHEN THIS WILL TAKE PLACE. HOPEFULLY ON A SUNDAY AS ITS MY ONLY GUARANTEED DAY OFF.

I'm from northeastern Wisconsin and I might be interested in a Sunday cruise. I can make the Twin City area in about 4.5 hours although western Wisonsin would be a little easier.<P>------------------<BR>Hal, btk@vbe.com

We have enough interest for us to move ahead on this.<P>We'll stick to a Sunday starting with the 24th, 1st, 8th and 15th as options.<P>My preference is the 24th or 1st, but I can be flexible.<P>I love to drive, so I'm real easy on the destination. One option is to meet for brunch in the TC, head for Duluth via Wisconsin backroads (route ideas?), have dinner somewhere up there, and blast back down 35 in biker formation. Tattoos optional.<P>If you have a ringer of a day-trip throw it out on the table. I'm interested in what else is out there.<P>Hal, would it be easier for you to meet us up North? Where in WI are you coming from? I heard "If you build it they will come." Did you here, "Go the distance?"<P>Are there any other places to post that may draw some more Reatta owners? There are a couple Reattas in my part of the Twin Cities that I'll try to track down the owners of.<P>Thoughts? Let's try to get the plan down no later than Wednesday night.<BR>

I'm still interested and open to anything. I think we should go see Jim in Duluth. We would have less traffic on saturday and considering a 2.5-3 hr trip, we could meet for breakfast north side of twin cities, visit Jim and look at his cars, have Jim recommend a restaurant for lunch, and hit a rest area on the way back. How about 7 Oct (no rain) or 14 Oct..<BR>This is just a suggestion to keep the interest going.

I'm interested, but I just have a lot of commitments on the weekends (gopher football season ticket holder - and I sometimes travel to away games.) If it gets too late in the season my reatta will be in storage. I drive a 1990 red convertible, 48,xxx miles on her. When you decide the weekend, please let me know and I'll try to clear my schedule and join in. It would be nice to meet owners of reattas in the area.

OK, looking good! Lets nail down the date. A Saturday trip puts us at October 14th at the earliest due to swmg_bear's season tix. I have Sunday the 8th open as well.<P>Anyone with preference/conflicts on the 8th?<P>Anyone with preference/conflicts on the 14th?<P>Duluth is 3 hours each way on 35, longer if we hit the backroads. Is this too far to travel in a day?<P>Its also Oktoberfest in New Ulm those weekends, which is about 100 miles southwest of here.<BR>

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by miata'nreatta:<BR><B>Anyone in this area interested in a short (~100 mile, ~1 day) Reatta Run? I'm thinking something like meeting in the Twin Cities and hitting either Red Wing, Stillwater, Duluth, or some other such place of interest (NOT THE MEGAMALL!!! and we don't need to be Minnesota-centric. A honkey-tonk in Podunk, WI works, how long to see the bridges of Mad. Co.? (Not the movie!) Is it worth it? Sure would provide photo ops to post!). My interest is in getting together to enjoy these jammin' GM's on one of the nice remaining days of summer.<P>Mine's an '88 Saphire Blue Firemist coupe with 31,000 miles. What yours?<P>High hopes that the responses to this are more active than the recent parting out postings!<P>Vroom? Vroom? Anyone?</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><P>------------------<BR>

SOUNDS LIKE FUN, I MIGHT BE ABLE TO COME UP FROM DES MOINES BUT IT WOULD HAVE TO BE A SUNDAY. I DRIVE A 90 RED COUPE WITH 99K. THIS WOULD PUT MY BABY OVER 100K, A NICE WAY TO PUT HER OVER WITH A BIG GROUP OF REATTAS.

Sorry swiftly, missed your comments.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Swiftly:<BR><B> <P></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>

OK, based on the feedback so far I'm going to pick the weekend of the 14/15th, with the 15th being the primary rallying date. If you are traveling a long distance, you may want to come to town the 14th and have an informal get together at Brits Pub in downtown Mpls or a quiet restaraunt on the St. Croix in Stillwater.<P>That settled, I have posted two potential destinations, New Ulm and Duluth, and would like your feedback so that I can start working out the details. The destinations are about 2 hours out for New Ulm and 3 hours to Duluth with good driving conditions on the shortest routes.<p>[This message has been edited by miata'nreatta (edited 09-18-2000).]

Would love to join the group for this outing. Sunday's work well for me, but Saturdays are also good. Oct 7 & 8 would be the best, northern Mn & Wisc would probably still have some color. Meeting in the Twin cities area sounds good to me, I'm from southern MN. Keep me posted on date and agenda.

Is this ride open to someone on the other side of the lake? If the date is right (14th/15th,) I may be persuaded to take my White 90 Convertible for one last spin. I live in Western Michigan, and a weekend across the U.P. doesn't sound too bad! Where and when in Duluth? (jrush@kvi.net)

I think it would be great to go to New Ulm and Oktoberfest would be a lot of fun. Duluth is a fun city also and a great place to visit. A rally to New Ulm would be a bit difficult due to stop lights and I would not like to get sepatated. A trip to Duluth would not has that problem with freeway all the way. I would like either one but favor Duluth.<BR>

OK, we're off to Duluth on the 15th. I have a reservation for the Reatta party at 10:00am at the Champp's at 2397 Palmer Drive in New Brighton just North of 694 off of Silver Lake Road. They have an all you can eat brunch buffet for $8.95. There is a FirstStar Bank across the parking lot that we can line the Reatta's up in front of.<P>I expect that we would be out of Champp's, socialized, and on the road by 11:30.<P>We should be able to make Duluth by 2:30 or 3pm. We need an easy Duluth rendezvous point. Bear in mind that we will be meeting up with folks not in the original party at this point so we don't want to keep anyone waiting at a wayside rest! Ideas?<p>[This message has been edited by miata'nreatta (edited 09-22-2000).]

I'll be there with a white 90 coupe. If we start at 11:30 we will be driving home in the dark. Traffic is nothing early Sunday mornings. We should take advantage and get an early start. 9:00 AM ??? Your ideas.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tobias Baanders:<BR><B>I'd love to go with you folks. I drive a gray '89 Reatta ... but I live in The Netherlands and there is a huge ocean and England inbetween us. Sorry.<P>Tobias</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>You could be the only one to make the trip to Duluth entirely by water! (That is if the Great Lakes aren't frozen over by then!) This year it might be expecting a bit much... wink.gif<P>I'll post pics of the event on the net, if you want to send me one of you and your car we can work on digitizing you into having been there!<p>[This message has been edited by miata'nreatta (edited 09-25-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Swiftly:<BR><B>I'll be there with a white 90 coupe. If we start at 11:30 we will be driving home in the dark. Traffic is nothing early Sunday mornings. We should take advantage and get an early start. 9:00 AM ??? Your ideas.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I am wide open to any suggestions.<BR>

Sad to say that I and my 1990 red convertible will be unable to make the trip to Dulth with you guys and gals. I'de love to go and meet all of you (and of course see all those Reattas,) but I'm needed in Milwaukee that weekend for my nephew's birthday.<P>Have a great time!

I'm ready to go on the 15th and think 9:00AM would be great if it doesn't mess with the 10:00 reservation.<BR>Where to meet in Duluth? I don't know Duluth to well, but Canal Park by the lift bridge is very nice with many restaurants, shops and musuems. The parking lot at the Civic Center may work for us or perhaps Jim can recommend something.

I have created an e-mail group:<P>reatta@bergstrom.org<P>to speed up communications amongst the group. Gerry and Swiftly, can you please send me your email address so that I can add it?<P>Thanx!<p>[This message has been edited by miata'nreatta (edited 10-02-2000).]

Attention Reatta Division Members on this Minnesota Tour:<P>Please write a trip report on this event and submit to your Newsletter Editor at the address published in your quarterly newsletter. We will publish this article in the Winter Edition of the newsletter due in the December-January time frame.<P>If there are no Reatta Division, BCA members on this Cruise and there is interest in becoming a member of the Reatta Division, BCA and the Buick Club of America, please print out the membership forms at the following URLs and submitted with dues payment to the appropriate addresses:<P>Reatta Division, BCA <A HREF="http://www.buickclub.org/reatta2/applicat.htm" TARGET=_blank>http://www.buickclub.org/reatta2/applicat.htm</A> <P>Buick Club of America <A HREF="http://www.buickclub.org/Membership/membership.htm" TARGET=_blank>http://www.buickclub.org/Membership/membership.htm</A> <P><BR>

TOBIAS<BR>Some years ago there was a post from Europe that a Reatta owner was having difficulty registering the car because the sideview mirrors did not swivel. Was that you and if so how did you overcome the problem. Thanks

Who can come to the rally? We would really like to go. We bought our car last year and enjoy driveing it. We would like very much to meet with others who also own a Reatta. I need a reply soon because we are comming from Neenah, WI.

We are still on for tomorrow. There have been about half a dozen commitments to attend and I think we'll have a good time.<P>My car is all gassed up and ready to go!<BR>

<BR>I haven't heard from anyone via e-m or telephone about the trip tomorrow. Are you still coming to Duluth? Would you still like to stop at my place? What time would you be coming? Do you know how to get here?<BR>Thanks Jim

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nee947:<BR><B>Who can come to the rally? We would really like to go. We bought our car last year and enjoy driveing it. We would like very much to meet with others who also own a Reatta. I need a reply soon because we are comming from Neenah, WI.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Do you have an email address?<P>

I heard back from Peter and am looking forward to having the group come to Duluth.<BR>The folks from the Minneapolis area will be leaving Champps in the New Brighton area about 10 AM and traveling to Duluth, arriving at Grandmas restuarant in Canal Park at about 12:30 for lunch. Anyone coming from a different direction is very welcome to meet us at Grandmas. After lunch we can take a short scenic trip to my home by way of the Skyline Boulevard, over-looking Duluth. I have 10 Reattas in various states of repair or more like dis-repair, as well as several other antique and collector cars.<BR>Looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow. Jim