Is Your Reatta Tired? Getting Sleepy?

Are its headlights drooping and sometimes won't even open at all? You say you want to know what to do? Is that what's troubling you my friend?<P>Well, just click here...<BR> <A HREF="http://www.vdoefx.com/~reatta/headlight_repair.html" TARGET=_blank>www.vdoefx.com/~reatta/headlight_repair.html</A> <P>and your problems will be over...well, at least you will have some great direction! Sure, you will still have to deal with nasty neighbors and find new hiding places for your Reatta collectibles...but with some time, patience and a little work, you can make those headlights rise again! Yes! You can do it!<P>I just did both of mine this weekend, and while new parts such as the rollers for inside the motor assembly are necessary (they disintegrate with time and wear) and if you desire, new linkage as well (now up to $39.50 each), you will find the motors are likely not your problem! But be sure to check before going further, as they are easy to observe and verify. <P>Good luck to all who venture forth here, as Barney Eaton made the trail much easier for us all! His fixes really work, and you don't need to be an ASE mechanic to do it right!<P>Thanks, Barney!

Guest wally888

Mark-Tried to email this-Returned!<BR>Mark,<BR> Some time ago I exchanged emails w/ someone who claimed to have =<BR>written the article you referred to.Lost his address.<BR> I removed my rt. assembly, took motor apart and even figured out a way =<BR>to easily hold brushes while reassembling.( a 180 degree bend at the end =<BR>of a twist tie will hold in place till brushes are clear, then tie will =<BR>pull out) Then a senior moment!=20<BR> Actually I couldn't seem to remove the white gear., was afraid I would =<BR>break it.. Everything seemed to be in working order( isn't it strange =<BR>how doing something one time, makes you an expert!) and not being an =<BR>expert, I put all back together. (what I call a senior moment) It worked =<BR>one time then the left one refused to move also.<BR> Now that I have all the B S out of the way:<BR> I suspect the worm gear and the big white gear<BR> line up at 90 degree angles and if rollers are crushed they get mis =<BR>aligned.?? The white gear turned when I turned the motor shaft but it =<BR>seemed offset.<BR> I hope you noticed the very small ball bearing that fits on end of =<BR>motor shaft as it must be a support and bearing for motor.(no mention in =<BR>article) I faintly felt something fall and was lucky enough to find and =<BR>replace.<P>

Wally...<P>Sorry about my e-mail! Just changed ISPs last Friday and didn't change it in my profile. It's updated now. <P>Barney Eaton who monitors this website wrote the tech thing about the headlight repair. It has saved many a Reatta and Riv owner a few bucks to be sure. Contact Barney at barney@texas.net .<P>