Maybe you can help

Barney Eaton

We know the '88-'90 Reatta brake unit was made by Teves, a German company. Most of the parts have "ATE" stamped or molded into the part. ATE may be a large supplier of brake components in Europe and they may have parts sourced in the US. <BR>Does anyone know anything about ATE? I tried a Thomas Register search and it found nothing.<BR>A fellow in Florida sent me a bad pressure switch in the box that contained the new one. <BR>While it has GM marking and part number, it also says "Made in Belgium" this may be a lead.<BR>I recently found a HP book on brakes that has some info on the Teves system. They list the GM cars that used this system (Teves Mark 2)<BR>and it also indicates that '85-'92 Lincolns, Thunderbirds, Cougar also used it. It also shows Saab 9000 from '87 up and Saab 900 from '91 up also '91 and up VW Passat.<BR>Don't know it they were standard or optional.<P>Bottom line... if anyone can find anything about ATE send me a note. <P>------------------<BR>Barney Eaton Reatta technical advisor for BCA and keeper of the Reatta database.