1957 Ford 100 Laundry truck

Guest Debby

Guest Debby Soucia

It was made by Boyertown Auto Body in Boyertown, PA. Any body esle have this truck?

I have lots of questions.

Thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It was made by Boyertown Auto Body in Boyertown, PA. Any body esle have this truck?

I have lots of questions.

Thanks </div></div>

Even if nobody else has one of this particular truck, ask away, as perhaps the questions you have might be easily answerable.

As a start, Boyertown Auto Body probably built this same basic body for just about any make pickup or medium-duty truck--for example, note how the front of their body shell doesn't quite match up to the Ford's cowling and front fenders.

Addtionally, there were any number of local/regional commercial body manufacturers around the US back in the 50's (even true today), who worked with "Driveaway" chassis from all the truckmakers (Ford, GM Truck & Coach, Dodge, Studebaker, International Harvester in the case of pickups and medium duty trucks), and they tended, from my readings, to offer pretty similar bodies; likely the construction didn't vary that much from one maker to another. Certain components and fittings likely are outsourced, such as door handles, latches, locks, seats and seat mounts, perhaps even some types of rear doors.

Also, hooking up with American Truck Historical Society, and dropping some pictures and the questions you may have to Vintage Truck Magazine might be very, very helpful!

Neat rig!

Art

Guest Debby Soucia

Ok, There are two rust holes, one in the body by the gas pedel and one on the passenger side. This body is aluminum, what is this best way to fix these holes?

This has sliders doors, any body know how to make them silde better. The are a bit rusty but would sanding them off help? What would you put on them to make them run better and not collect dirt?

Back door hinges are badly rusty, what can I use on them to make them work better?

Thanks