test #2 first failed

Guest imported_MrEarl

Great JOB, the car that is. Looking forward to MORE.

Let me know if I can help with storing in my photobucket and posting them as images on this page vs attachments .

I have no idea Guy. I just dragged my picture to the desktop and dropped it in the post. I TRULY have no idea what I am doing here. I will try again later with more. I didn't upload to the internet first like it said to do because the photo gallery seemed like it was taking far too long to approve (I know, he/ she probably has a job, I'm not slamming them). I also may try Mr. Earl's photo bucket. Again I have no clue.

Later,

Mike

Mike, I'm pleased to see a photo of your car, and look forward to more. I spoke with a friend of mine from Ohio on Monday, and he specifically mentioned your car. Evidently, he had the pleasure of speaking with you in the hotel parking lot. (He had the gray Centurion four door hardtop.)

Yes, it can sometimes require a few days for photos to be approved on the Photo Post feature.

Guy, if you read through the item on this forum that covers inserting images into the text of your post, you will see that Buick Racer has added a link to an image re-sizer on the BCA home page. This works very well, and I have used the feature on many occasions.

OK next attempt at resizing and getting it non-attachment style. (I'll give background info and other pictures once I get this down, otherwise I'll just have to post a bunch of attachments).

Thanks Brian, I had a ball talking to everybody at the Nationals. I never realized how difficult it was to show a car. I washed it every night and dried it off three times in Batavia after rains. I didn't have much time to look around at other cars and I only went around to the vendors once.

Mike

Guest imported_MrEarl

Don't get flustered. Believe me if this old fart can do it, a young'n like you certainly can.I found Photobucket.com to be about the friendliest image host to use. I tried Webshots and another freebie but they both required an "approval" time which if I wanted that I would just use AACA. Once you have your pictures stored at Pbucket it is just a simple matter of resizing and copy and pasting to here. The only problem I have with Pbucket is sometimes my re sizing doesn't work.(I may be doing something wrong) Then I use the Roberta Buick resizing site which is about the easiest resizing site I've found. I retract my offer to post them for you. wink.gif I'd rather you learn and that way we get to see LOTS of good 55 Special shots. laugh.gif

Call me and I'll be glatd to try and walk you through it.

Thanks Lamar,

I wasn't actually as flustered as that sounded, I really did have to get going to pick up my son from his school. He's two tomorrow, but I bet he could figure this out already. I am going to try your plan. I'll probably try it later tonight. I have Beeyutte-loads of pictures only you guys could truly appreciate.

See y'all.

Mike

Guest imported_MrEarl

ROFLMAO

Damn I fell asleep twice while spacing over to the "REPLY" button.

The car is GEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOrgoius.

Now did you say you had a question about resizing? Try

Berta's BCA picture resizer

Thanks for the link MrEarl! So "re-sizing" is the key word, eh? I can think of a lot of things besides photos I'd like to do that to... no, I'm not thinking of bigger--more like smaller, as in gut!

Now, how do we re-size this thread so it isn't so wiiiiide?

Seriously, I do want to start a topic similar to Me and My Buick over on the Packard forum. I have quite a few shots of the ol' family Packards. THREE 1955's including one bought new when I was 2 yrs old--I earned my monicker smile.gif... I don't have much for pics of our '65 and '69 Electras, unfortunately. I'm waiting to see if I pick up a nice Buick in the coming months (or years) so I can do a true "Me and My [CURRENT] Buick" post. I'm hopeful. Anybody want to buy my '89 IROC and help me out? wink.gif

Thanks again.