replacing 90 abs with 91 system

There is an hard way and a easy way to change the ABS.<BR>HARD... find all the necessary parts, this is more than the unit at the master cylinder. When they changed the '91, the ABS valve assembly moved to the left front corner of the engine compartment. That displaced the AC dryer to the area by the radiator recovery tank. So you see you would also need to rework the AC. <BR>EASY ...find a good '91 vehicle and buy it.<P>PS.. there may not be that much wrong with the '88-'90 ABS/brakes, it is just a matter of us understanding, diagnosing, and doing preventive maintanence. <P>------------------<BR>Barney Eaton Reatta technical advisor for BCA and keeper of the Reatta database.

Barney, I agree. As I read the more recent posts, it seems like there are cheaper fixes for most of the problems and it seems like people are getting a handle on what's failing and how to look out for it.<P>I would think that replacing the entire ABS on a 88-90 would be cheaper than trying to refit a 1991 ABS into one of the prior years.<P>

hi barney. thanks for you reply.<BR>to wit: my 90 lost power brakes without warning, no lights on dash, nothing. replaced pump motor relay, main motor relay, checked all the dumb fuses (lots arent they!) checked other relays. i have braking power but only "manual" which is not fit for daily driving. fluid levels ok. "hot-wired" pump motor and it works then and i do have power brakes. just today checked my pressure switch per brake manual with ohm meter, and it checks "bad". been with this problem for 2 months now is reason i was wondering about changing to 91 abs.....but with the pressure switch checking bad i think i will replace it before doing anything else....unless you have a suggestion/opinion for me. thanks. G&U<BR>grouchyandugly@nefcom.net