On LIne Parts

Can anyone suggest an on-line parts dealer for Reatta related material. Given the talk about ABS Accumulators, switches etc, an idea of prices from particular vendors for some of the more common wear parts would be helpful.

Just ordered new accumulator from gmpartsdirect.com. Cost $85.40 including shipping. Consierably less than gmparts.com (<BR>about $135.00<P>

There are a handfull of online GM "discount" parts suppliers; <A HREF="http://www.gmpartsdirect.com" TARGET=_blank>http://www.gmpartsdirect.com</A> is just one. This is Flow Chevrolet in North Carolina, an online service that ships GM parts to your door and charges your charge card. They sell geniune GM at 40% off dealer list price and have a handy search that quotes the list and discounted prices of GM parts if you enter the part number. But a look at the fine print shows a whopping 14% shipping and handling charge adding up to 74% of list.<P>Any self respecting business person/Reatta owner should be able to walk into any Buick dealer and get Reatta parts for 75% of list. If the Buick dealer won't, just go across the street to the Chevy, Olsmobile, Pontiac, or Cadillac dealer and get your 25% off.<P>I purchase my Reatta parts from Brasington Cadillac-Oldsmobile in Gainsville, FL for 69% of list with about a 3% add on for shipping, still below the local dealer but only by 3%.<P>Watch out for shipping of large or heavy items. A simple item such as a front bumper rub strip can be purchased from your local dealer for 80 some-odd dollars. But this item comes in a box that is about 130 inches in girth, just passable through UPS. But the shipping charges will on 70 pounds, for the item is oversized. Same with bumper bars and facias, they are over 130 inches and must be shipped truck or Fed Ex for charges of about $300. <P>Be careful purchasing used stuff. Some of the vendors on this List charge almost as much for used parts as can be purchaseed new from your local dealer. And there is no shipping charges with the dealer.<P>95% of the parts requested on this List are still available new from General Motors. Why scrounge used, when new is available?<P>Online parts services can be convenient and useful. But with shipping/handling charges, new parts from your local dealer may be the best deal yet.<P>I welcome your comments.<P>Russ.

DAL SLABAUGH USED TO BE WITH LAMBERT BUICK AND RAN THEIR INTERNET PARTS BUSINESS AT COST + 10% AND REASONABLE ACTUAL SHIPPING CHARGES.<BR>HE IS NOW AT VANDEVERE OLDS AND SITE IS VANDEVERE.COM. JUST ORDERED AND RECEIVED 91 ANTENNA WITH $130 LIST FOR $82 NET PLUS ACTUAL UPS. HAD IN ABOUT A WEEK.<BR>I DID NOT GIVE HIM CORRECT PART NUMBER SO HE CORRECTED AND SENT ME RIGHT PART.<P>SUGGEST YOU GIVE HIM A TRY.<P>BOB<P>

DAL SLABAUGH USED TO BE WITH LAMBERT BUICK AND RAN THEIR INTERNET PARTS BUSINESS AT COST + 10% AND REASONABLE ACTUAL SHIPPING CHARGES.<BR>HE IS NOW AT VANDEVERE OLDS AND SITE IS VANDEVERE.COM. JUST ORDERED AND RECEIVED 91 ANTENNA WITH $130 LIST FOR $82 NET PLUS ACTUAL UPS. HAD IN ABOUT A WEEK.<BR>I DID NOT GIVE HIM CORRECT PART NUMBER SO HE CORRECTED AND SENT ME RIGHT PART.<P>SUGGEST YOU GIVE HIM A TRY.<P>BOB<P>

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GSMAG:<BR><B>How did you select Reatta? The oldest date selectable is 1994. </B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P> If you have the part number, they have a direct access to the parts list. As other posters have mentioned, compare the price against a local GM dealer's to see if the S&H is a deal killer. The best deals for parts from gmpartsdirect.com are on small,expensive parts. (auto level sensors, Teves master cylinders, ect.)

An analysis of the online GM parts supplier, partsdirect shows superior savings can be obtained. A search of Reatta Parts shows mechanical parts such as an engine throttle body assembly, and ABS Brake items such as the pump/motor unit, accumulator, valve block and resevoir have a 50% discount. With the 14% shipping/handling surcharge, this is 57% of list, quite a deal. Other Reatta Parts such as lighting, electrical, body and trim items are 60% of list, which works out to 69% of list with s/h.. This Company is about the best pricing I have found.