I have a chance to buy a 1940 LZ

Peter Gariepy

Hi Peter,

Here is a link to a Webshots photo album af a very nice 1940 Lincoln Zephyr Sedan. The extra visors in the back seat are not stock. (This is not one of my Webshots photo albums).

http://community.webshots.com/album/177159125OKAXnI

The car you posted looks like it's missing some trim pieces. Aside from the painted bumpers and missing headlight, it has 1941 grilles.

For pricing information, I suggest looking in the "Old Car Price Guide" publication, usually available at Barnes & Noble.

There was a really nice 1938 Lincoln Zephyr Sedan for sale in the Tucson area. Check out the "Pre-War Cars for sale" at lzoc.org.

By the way, how do you put pictures in the message text? I've seen it done before, but haven't figured out how to do it.

Your new format is really tedious for those of us who are still on a dial-up line! I understand the need for sponsors. Loading them first gives me time for coffee before I can see the messages.

Good luck with the Zephyr.

Dear Peter,Besides what Phil mentioned,where are the wiper towers?Pull the front rugs back and check out the floor.The rugs were famous for holding the water and rotting the front floor.Hows that V-12?Should be real quiet like a Ford V-8 and have some GOOD oil pressure when warm.Let us know how you make out.NOT the most desireable body style...the price should reflect same.diz smile.gif