how many miles on your reatta?

Guest allbuick

Guest allbuick

Just bought an 89 red coupe with 265k on it. Seller reported having a dificult time selling it. She said nobody even came to look once they discovered the miles. Too bad most don't realize how durable these cars are. This one is in nice shape, everything works, looks and drives like a 100k car. Was wondering how many nice very high mileage cars are out there?

I just sold a 89 with 134K miles on it and everything worked great. It even had the original floor mats with the plastic "anti skid" grid on the back. Original bill of sale, deal info., owners manual, etc. The guy will probable put 200K on it since it is his only car and he travels a lot. It runs great and the oil pressure holds well at idle and on the road. You are right. They are great and dependable cars.

I have a very nice 134,000 mile convertible I have not been able to sell, although I haven't tried very rigorously. It also runs and drives great, and everything works. There is actually somebody inquiring about it now who is not afraid of the mileage.

I have a nice 209K `88. It needs new engine mounts and new rear bushings (just found out tuesday), but for a teenager car, it's cool. Get's lotsa looks!

Dave....Thanks for the Reatta!<BR>I love it so far.<P>Dave sold me the Buick just this past Tuesday and I must say it's in tip-top condition. Maybe I can post a pic later on. I think you'll like it. Although, I'm thinkin' of putting a new paint job on it. <P>So, I'm new here and my Buick Reatta has 134K...no, make that 135K) I went to Atlanta almost as soon as I got the car for a nice little test drive. <P>Handles as well as it looks. The diagnostics are way off though. Is there a way to reset this?<P>Didn't mean to blow up this post)...just a happy new Reatta owner and soon to be club member.<P>Newcastle<BR>newcastle@tropicalmail.com<P>Oh, and EdgeCrusher..I thought I was gonna be the youngest here ;P

Hello Newcastle....<P>I am glad you love the car. You got a great deal on it you know! Several more phone calls this week and they are sorry to hear it is gone! Have fun and stay in touch!<BR>Dave<p>[This message has been edited by Dave Buchanan (edited 08-18-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by allbuick:<BR><B>Just bought an 89 red coupe with 265k on it. Seller reported having a dificult time selling it. She said nobody even came to look once they discovered the miles. Too bad most don't realize how durable these cars are. This one is in nice shape, everything works, looks and drives like a 100k car. Was wondering how many nice very high mileage cars are out there?</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>

Have had my 89 red coupe for almost 2yrs it had 108k when we bought it it now has 119k. It looks and runs great once I figured out the extended cold cranking problem, thanks to this web site. By the way it was my fuel pump relay that was the problem. Car is all original with factory floor mats, clean and looking good. Thanks for this web-site and to all who are envolved.

I just bought a Silver '88 with 132K miles on it. Everything runs great and it was kept in excellent condition. I bought the car for $4,300 and I think that the car is a seemingly unknown or forgotten car by the public. The car seems like a great value for your money. I bet that I am the youngest Reatta driver. I am only sixteen years old. 11/01/83. I was wondering if anyone was any younger??

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SilverT:<BR><B> I just bought a Silver '88 with 132K miles on it. Everything runs great and it was kept in excellent condition. I bought the car for $4,300 and I think that the car is a seemingly unknown or forgotten car by the public. The car seems like a great value for your money. I bet that I am the youngest Reatta driver. I am only sixteen years old. 11/01/83. I was wondering if anyone was any younger??</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>I just bought an '89 Black Reatta with 26k on it. I am even younger, I'm also 16, but I was born 2/29/84. I love the car and the looks people give me when I drive it around.<P>

• 2 weeks later...

Have a 89' Blue on Blue. Bought in 1997 with 75k. My Brother passed it on in 98'with 100k. Currently it has 117k as it is now considered my sister's car. she is a 7/6/84 driver, by far the youngest so far. she wants to trade me for my 92' Plymouth Laser Turbo. She thinks the Reatta is big and ugly.

You can email aricrickard@www.com with info and pictures.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by IFRANKEL:<BR><B>I have a Blue '88 with 230,000 miles in great shape. Where can I find an interested buyer?</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>

Guest jim_houston

I have a 1991 red hard-top with tan interior, just like the little model cars the dealers had. My car has 125K miles, and I've had no major problems. The car runs and behaves great. The only things wrong with my car are normal wear and tear.<BR>Jim Houston

It appears my reatta is just a baby at 68K. My plan is to keep this baby forever. Your comments definitely support my plan. When I bought my Select 60 Convertible in 1996 it only had 21K. There just isn't another car like it on the road.

My Black '89 has 51k miles; when I bought it in '97 it had 47k on it.<BR>I've had no problems other than the battery dying from sitting for over 2 weeks at a time but that problem was resolved a couple years ago when I bought a nifty device that recharges the battery when it starts to go down.<BR>I've also had to replace a few bulbs here and there. And replacing the water pump was the most expensive thing.

MINE IS A 90 CONVERTIBLE!! JUST UNDER 50,000 MILES..ONE MINOR REPAIR ON PASSENGER DOOR OTHERWISE PERFECT EXCEPT OF COURSE A FEW NICKS IN THE PAINT..WHICH IS THAT BEAUTIFUL CANDY APPLE RED!! TAN INTERIOR..ALWAYS GARAGED..HOW DOES ONE ESTABLISH A VALUE ON SUCH A DREAM CAR? MY E MAIL IS rfhuff@socket.net OR I WILL WATCH THIS PAGE FOR INFO..THANKS

hey, i just got an 88 reatta also..very good condition, no probs, except the computer screen wont come on...u ever have that prob? any tips on how to fix it? <P>~jagger<P>eleven11design@yahoo.com<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by EdgeCrusher:<BR><B>I have a nice 209K `88. It needs new engine mounts and new rear bushings (just found out tuesday), but for a teenager car, it's cool. Get's lotsa looks! </B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>

i have recently bought a 91' reatta, flame red, tan interior, 63k, showroom condition! i found it on a used car lot in jackson michigan. I am only 19 and i knew of these car prior to finding one. i had never actualy seen one in person before i found this one! i love it!

I GUESS YOU HAVE ME BEAT!! MY FIANCE'S REATTA<BR>HAS 238K MILES. THERE IS ONE ODD THING ABOUT IT. THE ENGINE TEMP. GAUGE IS ALLWAYS LOW IT RUNS AT 160 DEG.

Have a 91 Red conv. with tan interior, bought new. Now with 68k. Still looks like new, but will need new top within the next few mos. Kept garaged. Usually driven more than 10 miles per outing. People always ask me about my "new car" since Reattas are seen so infrequently. Plan to keep it.