AACA JUDGING SHEETS

toro1966

Guest Brianziggy64

Can a person get a copy of the judging sheets prior to the car show so that we can go over our car to inspect it to see where we might need work?

Brian

I believe there is a copy of the judging sheet in the Judges Manual. Any AACA member can request a copy, and should read it cover to cover before the restoration is started. There are different forms, regular vehicle, motorcycle,truck and race vehicle. grin.gif

Guest Brianziggy64

Thanks guys. I have a new AACA judging book. I forgot the judging sheet was in there. I've got what I needed.

Thanks Again,

Brian

• 4 weeks later...

I know the current book is $4.50 if you just buy one, rather than getting it free at a judging school, plus whatever the postage would be.

The phone number to order one is: (717) 534-1910.

You can look at the one on-line for free and even download it to your computer.

They change each year so you might want to hold off and get the new one next year.

• 13 years later...

I am interested in attending judging school. Not necessarily to judge, but to learn as much as I can about cars in general and the specific marks that I own. Is there a schedule of upcoming classes available and what would I need to do to qualify/register. Thanks very much.

Joel, members are more than welcome to attend judging school.  It is a great way to learn how the judges will evaluate vehicles under our system.  There is a judging school at all our national shows.  You can simply attend the school which traditionally is on the Friday of the show weekend.  I would at that time strongly consider advising the school instructor that you want to judge as an apprentice on Saturday (you have to pay $8 and attend a breakfast on Saturday morning).  That will be a great experience and who knows, you may become very interested in joining the ranks of our 1,000 other judges.  

Guest Mark McAlpine

Joel, as Steve pointed out, Judging School is offered at every AACA Nationals (usually the day before the actual show).  You can also attend it at the Annual Convention in Philadelphia, and Special Judging Schools (SJSs) are offered  occasionally at other region-level activities (such as in Raleigh, NC, this past January and at the ODMA Region's annual Old Dominion Meet in Newport News, VA, this past June).  Regions must apply to the Chairman of Judges Training to hold a SJS and pay the instructor's travel expenses.  CJE lessons may also be offered at the SJS if a certified CJE instructor presents the lesson.  Members will receive judging credits for attend the SJS and special CJE ("Special Judging School Training") if they judge at an AACA Nationals that same calendar year.  All SJSs must be pre-approved by the VP of Judging.

As Steve suggested, consider serving as an Apprentice Judge on Saturday--there's nothing like practical experience to better understand the judging process.  And, as Steve said, you might find out that you enjoy it.  (That's what happened for me.  Like you, I attended Judging School to better understand what our judges are looking for so I could better prepare my car for the show field.  I ended up enjoying serving on a judging team, plus I learn something new every time I judge.)  You can also attend a CJE lesson immediately after the Judges Breakfast on Saturday (or in Hershey immediately after Judging School on Friday afternoon).

I look forward to seeing you at a future Judging School.  Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or want more info.