Sign in to follow this  
53Nailhead

Batavia #'s

Does anyone know the estimated number if people or cars expected in Batavia next week? How many usually show up? This is my 1st National Meet & I'm really looking forward to it & meeting as many from this site as I can. Planing on leaving Thursday AM, should make it there by id to late afternoon. Lamar, sorry your unable to make it! Les cool.gif

I am registration # 432...

5-600 maybe? The last national that was held there was a real hit.

Can't wait!! cool.gif

Last year ,the national was in Texas, and that was just too far for many members. Usually after a situation like this, the following meet is HUGE! I think you will find this will be one of the bigger meets.The group in Batavia always does a great job ,so it will be a meet to remember.

There are over 600 registrations, over 1000 peolpe, over 500 cars, with around 300 of those being formally judged. 60 Senior cars have registered. It will be a wonderful show!

Roy

Looks like everyone who missed the heat in Texas last year will not miss it this year...

I will drive my 67 GS and will also have a swap space with a red Buick City Sunoco sign. Norb

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks like everyone who missed the heat in Texas last year will not miss it this year... </div></div>

Unfortunately, that's not quite true...but I'll be there in Rochester next summer, hopefully with 2 cars.

Guest imported_MrEarl

That's great John. Berta has promised to do the same. Hope to see some people pictures too. My old friend Johny Walker and I will be sitting by the computer anxiously waiting. wink.gif

Guest imported_MrEarl

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks like everyone who missed the heat in Texas last year will not miss it this year... </div></div>

Unfortunately, that's not quite true...but I'll be there in Rochester next summer, hopefully with 2 cars. </div></div>

Ah Derek, so you're not going either. Gooood. Misery loves company. smirk.gif So it'll be you, me and ol Johny Walker checking out the photos from Berta and BigFella. Guess we'll have to wait til next year to meet.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ah Derek, so you're not going either. Gooood. Misery loves company. smirk.gif So it'll be you, me and ol Johny Walker checking out the photos from Berta and BigFella. Guess we'll have to wait til next year to meet. </div></div>

Funny...I have a beer with me at the computer at the moment...July 1 is Canada Day...sort of like July 4, but with a northern twist...there is a street party half a block away...it'll drive me nuts when the music gets going after I'm in bed resting these old bones.

When I'm at the Gopher State Chapter July meeting on the 12th (looks like it'll just be me going down for a day or so as company is coming instead of the whole family for a couple of days), I'll suggest that we try to find a way to identify or possibly set up a meet & greet for forum members. This forum is really my tie to the BCA. Now the question is really going to be whether or not I can get away from the computer enough to get the Special tidied up a bit and the Wildcat road-ready for Rochester. Looking forward to meeting you there.

I heard ( second hand) that there are 665 Pre- registrations. With drive in's it could easily be 699. It would have been 700 but I know one pre registered car that isn't going. shocked.gifwink.gif

JD

Guest my3buicks

JD, all cars shown at a BCA national must be pre-registered - no day of show registrations

Keith, That's kinda sad. Not sure I understand that rule's reason.

Oh well.

Guest my3buicks

John, Nationals are productions - the host chapters have to have firm numbers to work with toward the end - when you are talking large #'s of people and cars they really need to know. Parking alone is a major issue to deal with and even an extra 50 cars at the last minute could throw a wrench in a detailed national showfield. I think you will find that this is the policy with most club nationals. If Nationals became register at the gate type shows the host chapter would have no idea what numbers to prepare for. If it was either/or more and more people would hold off registering until the show in case weather or other reasons came up - this would leave the host chapter "holding the bag" and possibly losing a large amount of money. I am sure there are other reasons that I have missed. This is a long time policy - and one that I would not like to see change anytime soon.

Carl Rychlik and I are leaving 7:00am Wednesday morning from Monroe, CT. We'll be traveling out of Connecticut on I-84 west to I-87 north to I-90 west. Should hit town between 2-3pm. Anyone along that route that wants to meet up can email me and gkitty@ntplx.net or Carl at carl_rychlik@sbcglobal.net