New Zephyr owner

Rolf

Hello everyone, some of you may remember me as Rolf, I now have my new to me '41 LZ club coupe, and a new membership on this forum, would be interested in sharing information, parts and expertise with you

No, the e-mail is still the same, this very neglected car is requiring some detective work today, it appears that the original paint color, a milky green shade may have been called "Wing Gray", anyone ever have any experience with that color?? It was painted blue over it long long ago, but it is really shot, so I am going to try to remove all of it, and touch up the original, or just go to black which looks so good on this model car, thanks for the interest

Thanks Starlight, that is the site I looked at and made my decision based on the '41 chips, which can be so deceiving, I cleaned up and polished a small piece of the original paint, and am in the process of scanning it, not sure if it will show it very close in color with the scan, but if it is small enough to put on here, I will attach it

'48 LC, I would say your generator and regulator are now working normally, there are ways to set the regulators to put out more, and it sounds like that is the way your original was, should be fine now, thanks JWalker for the heads-up on the dupont chart, even in later years there is often a discrepancy between the Dupont charts and the Ditzler charts I have looked at, the Ditzler showed a number of greens for '41, including a poly, or metallic, and some two tone options. Have had good luck on paint questions talking to Ed Spagnola at color-rite, but at this point with so much of the car having to be re-done, I am leaning toward black, guess you have to get a build-sheet to get a confirmed paint code, right? there is none on the body tag or in the glove compartment or the inner drivers door, don't know where else they would post the color code on the car, thanks a lot, Rolf

Guest imported_V12Bill

Rolf, In many cases in days of yore the color code did not appear on the car. I guess if body repair was neccessary the painter looked at the car, compared it with a color chip and ordered a pint or quart of paint to cover his repair and hoped for the best. GM and a few others put a paint code on the data plate so there was no doubt about the color. An other of Fords better ideas.

Bill

Thanks guys, further delving in to the body on this '41 reveals that the whole thing would have to be repaired (lots of bad body work and bondo), and repainted and stripped in the process, and I really do like black a lot, so I think that decision is made, however this car has 1940 headlight rims with the park light lenses, they could use chroming, but have very minor pitting, I have another pair of '40's and lenses too, and I would like to do some trading for some '41 headlight doors, pics of the '40's available at rolf@got.net