veerac motor car company

mensan

I am not sure I understand your post but since the brand is so obscure i do not believe there would be a lot of interest in building a car based upon your negatives. If that was the question! The negatives are interesting and they should be placed in a historical setting that can care for them and preserve them. Our AACA Library & Research Center would greatly appreciate the materials if you ever decide to doante them to a trustworthy chairtable library.

• 1 month later...

Veerac was based in Minneapolis, Minnesota and did manufacture trucks. If I recall correctly, they eventually manufactured motorized railroad cars (similar to the more well known Fairmont "putt- putt").

Where are you located? My father, is a long-time member of the AACA and is knowledgeable about Minnesota made autos and trucks is very interested in your glass negatives. He could also provide you additional information on Veerac. He has some Veerac photos in his possession and knows where others are located -it's possible that these photos were struck from your negatives.

I sent you a private message regarding contacting my father.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Erik Johnson

Minneapolis, MN

• 6 years later...
Hi, has anyone ever heard of this company, and has any one ever seen one of the cars?

Yes. It was made in Anoka, MN (now considered a suburb of Minneapolis).

Do you think anyone would be interested in an original proposal to make them with about 10 glass negatives of the proposed vehicle? I have them.

I think the Anoka COunty Historical Society would appreciate them since the vehicle was made here.

Emil Turnquist used to build the gas tanks until things didn't go as planned for the automobile. He and some some friends started a plumbing buisness and his decendents still own and run it today.

• 5 months later...
Guest miklavec

Hello all...I currently have 12 glass negatives as well as a prospectus organized under the laws of massachusetts.

if also states for Building pleasure and commmercial motor cars

designed by Frank Merrill

I know this thread is several years old...wondering if there is any interest.

• 3 weeks later...

miklavec- I am interested. I'll send you a private message.

My father has compiled information (documentation and photos) on Veerac over the past 30-40 years as it pertains to Frank Merrill's venture in Anoka, Minnesota. More recently, I helped him research the original license plate registrations and recorded serial numbers for all Veerac trucks sold and registered in Minnesota from 1910 through 1914 (the original hand-posted license registration ledgers are in the collection of the Minnesota Historical Society).

I had sent a message to "mensan" who originally started this thread but never received a response. See my original post further up.

• 10 years later...
On 3/28/2012 at 12:41 PM, E_Johnson said:

miklavec- I am interested. I'll send you a private message.

My father has compiled information (documentation and photos) on Veerac over the past 30-40 years as it pertains to Frank Merrill's venture in Anoka, Minnesota. More recently, I helped him research the original license plate registrations and recorded serial numbers for all Veerac trucks sold and registered in Minnesota from 1910 through 1914 (the original hand-posted license registration ledgers are in the collection of the Minnesota Historical Society).

I had sent a message to "mensan" who originally started this thread but never received a response. See my original post further up.

Erik Johnson:

I would very much like to contact you about what your father found in his research about the VEERAC.  I am from Anoka, MN and am putting together a presentation about the VEERAC to our antique car club.  My great grandparents owned a VEERAC and my family still has pieces of it.  It's serial number is 588.  I would like to find out who the original owner was since I don't think my great grandfather bought it brand new.  Please email me at sharon.l.hastings@gmail.com.

Thanks,

Sharon Hastings

Anoka, MN

26 minutes ago, Sharon Hastings said:

Erik Johnson:

I would very much like to contact you about what your father found in his research about the VEERAC.  I am from Anoka, MN and am putting together a presentation about the VEERAC to our antique car club.  My great grandparents owned a VEERAC and my family still has pieces of it.  It's serial number is 588.  I would like to find out who the original owner was since I don't think my great grandfather bought it brand new.  Please email me at sharon.l.hastings@gmail.com.

Thanks,

Sharon Hastings

Anoka, MN

I just sent Eric a PM (personal message) bringing this to his attention.  He last checked in on the forum this past July 12th.