1960 and 1961 Flxible Flxette on EBAY

Here's a rare pair....Both a 1960 and a 1961 Flxible Flxette hearse are currently on ebay.

The 1960(item #4557266301)looks fairly solid, but would be quite an ambitious project. Reserve is somewhere north of $3000. Seller is a dealer and has car listed for a $4995 "everyday" price. Not cheap for a car without an engine. confused.gif

Richard Thomas....this car is calling your name!! grin.gif

The 1961 (item #4556912714) looks to be in much better (and more original) shape. The current bid of $1500 has already met reserve, so this puppy will be sold!

I have known about this Flxette for several years. I can't seem to buy it for some reason. Lets go back a couple years. The car was running well and the owner blew the (the head gasket) motor. The car that was not for sale was sold but he didn't call me. The people that bought it only bought it to resell. The car was put on Ebay about May last year. I saw the car and then told them I wanted it. I did as asked and got a cashers check and was about to mail it the next morning UPS NDA and called to confirm the address was right. No answer. Sent repeated emails, no answer. called the cell number, no answer. Three days later they told me what happened. The guy that has it now has a dealership and offered 2500. He would not go any higher until he found out I wanted it for more. He bought it that night then doubled the price to 6000 to me. The car has been there for over a year now because he can't sell it.He thought he was buying a gold mine and that I would pay 6000. The reason is I informed the people he bought it from about the rarity of the car and that one similar had sold for 6 and that I would buy it now if I could find it. The thing is that car was nearly restored this one is worth 2000 tops. Its worth more to me but I am the only person that collects them. The interior is completely incorrect. The engine is trashed and now out of the car so who knows whats missing. The car has more rust than he is leading you to think. The brakes are shot, it needs everything for the most part.

Richard, yes, I remember that you had pursued that '60 at various times, and agree that it looks like a great deal of work is needed on this one. The '61, in contrast, is available for significantly less money, and appears to be an original car. While needing restoration, it looks like it would be a good starting point for someone seeking one of these cars.

In deed I have. But like any collection you want to complete it. I am not complaining about the car I just don't do business like that and back down when someone else wants a car unless its a 60. The car on Ebay was offered to me again, for 5000. It was 6000 last year. I don't have the money and if I did it would not be worth more than 3 at the absolute most to me.