hesiation in the pedal

I have a 91 with 70,000 miles. Recently the engine has hesiatated when pressing the accelerator. This reminds me of GM products of the past; '68 olds delta 88, '71 buick electra 225, etc. I honestly thought this problem was history. Does anyone have experience with this, or more importantly a solution?

Unfortunatly, I also experience this problem. It seems to happen more so when I first start the car. Sometimes it hesitates so much I stall out. I've had new plugs put in, the O2 sensor changed & the TPS cleaned & adjusted. For some reason, this began happening right after I had my "gas milage" problem fixed (I was only getting 12 mpg.) Anyhow, I hope someone replies with a (cheap) sollution to our problem.

I have had two ICM (ignition control module) go bad and they cause differant problems. If you remove the coil pack and inspect the module you may find the epoxy soft and sticky. That is how I found mine and replacing them corrected various problems that the Dealer had no explaination for.<P>Good Luck and post your resolve.<BR>Gary Frank

Help!!!I am desperate.1990 Reatta.Driving along and it just shuts down. Can hear an arcing sound.It looses power. After a few seconds it seems to recover. No one can fix it. I have spent mega bucks. The computor says that nothing is wrong and to top it off every time I take it in it behaves itself.Oxyen sensor has been changed twice. All ground wires have been cleaned plugs done.The only person driving this car is the mechanic.

Dan, if it's the coil pack, the car'll run rough at very specific RPMs. If not hesitating and running rough before cutting off, focus on Jim's other two suggestions first- the fuel pump and the crank sensor. My bet would be the fuel pump, from what I've seen posted in the past. Mine started at one RPM, and as the problem progressed, two different "distinct" RPMs. A good sign of this is, immediately after changing plugs, the car seems to run fine, then suddenly (and rather shortly afterward, starts running rough again, but only at certain RPMs. Plug at the bad coil will be black with carbon (heavily fouled). Replace the plug if this is your problem. Coil pack's about $160 to replace if I remember correctly. Good luck.