loud mufflers

I had to read your post twice lol.<BR>First of all, the system is stainless and if it ain't broke don't mess with it.<BR>I just have to ask this. Are you nuts?<BR>Why would anybody in their right mind do this sort of thing?<BR>Natasha<P>------------------<BR> <A HREF="http://www.ciscobot.com" TARGET=_blank>http://www.ciscobot.com</A> <p>[This message has been edited by Natasha (edited 07-16-2000).]

does anybody have a cherry bomb muffler on there reatta or anything similair to it that makes a lot of noise. also if anybody knows where i would install it on my reatta and how to do it i would be happy if someone gave me a reply thanks

Cherry bombs are most useful in dormatory toilets.<P>I would be interested in knowing about replacement "high performance" mufflers for my '88 though.<P>The original muffler is showing signs of cancer, ans will not last too many more years.<P>(But NO, I am NOT looking for that irritating BLATT sound that the punked out Honda's are famous for.)

Personally, I would take out the catalytic converter and bolt on the camaro's dual out. I would try a glass pack if I were you, the cherry bomb and the glass pack will probably distroy the cars semi-sound proofness. However, do with it as you may. Just don't tell me you want hydrolics too.

cherry bombs on a reatta?????? do everybody else who ownes one of these beautiful coupes a favor and SELL it to someone who will really appreciate the barchetta made by buick & enjoy the mistique of owning one. YOU LOSER

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by flesh7:<BR><B>does anybody have a cherry bomb muffler on there reatta or anything similair to it that makes a lot of noise. also if anybody knows where i would install it on my reatta and how to do it i would be happy if someone gave me a reply thanks</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>remove converter . install a two chamber flowmaster<BR>

I removed my converter years ago. If you are interested in a performance improvement, the converter is the largest single restriction in the exhaust. I did replace the cat. with a piece of stainless steel tubing.With the rest of the system stock, including the muffler, the sound is much deeper and you can certainly here it when accelerating although it is relatively quiet when cruising. The stock muffler, while large, is relatively free flowing, since it is at the rear where the exhaust is cooler and has less energy. The only real problem is the exhaust is quite smelly. I have toyed with idea of the Camaro style muffler with outlets on both ends but I won't do this until the stock muffler gives up. The other possibilty would be to have a new system fabricated in 2.5" diameter. If you go larger, you will sacrifice low end power as the the exhaust velocity will be to low. Just my .02.<P>------------------<BR>Hal, btk@vbe.com

I recently installed a camaro dual muffler on my coupe. I am in the process of installing a resonator to give ie more roar. It really looks great...Buick should have installed a dual muffler system in the beginning. By the way it is your car, do with it as you please.<P>------------------<BR>Jump20

Just curious, but where are you going to put a resonator? If it goes in place of the cat., it may look somewhatlike it still has a converter, but leaving it out altogether relieves more backpressure.<P>------------------<BR>Hal, btk@vbe.com

• 8 years later...
Guest cool wheels

Are you talking about dual mufflers. I did not know two mufflers would fit under a Reatta. I though we were talking about one muffler with two exhausts. Am I wrong?