Sign in to follow this  
Hemiragtop

Pictures of My 70 R/T 440 Six Pack Challenger convertible

I attended a local show (Moapr Atlantic Nationals at Englishtown NJ) and my car was picked for a photo shoot for Mopar Collectors Guide, I was bored tonight and figured I would post some pics,it's a #'s matching 70 440 Six pack R/T convertible. Enjoy

97142516.jpg

96609879.jpg

97146645.jpg

I'm not a diehard Mopar fan so forgive me. Isn't that color a little unsual, as uncommon? I know Plymouth had crazy name for some colors like Deep Plum, Sassy Grass, Limelight. What is the name of the color of yours?

Good lookin' car.

Dear John,I have heard over the years that these 440-6 pack cars are stronger to 100 mph than a hemi car.I would like to hear what you have to say on the subject.Thanks.diz smile.gif

Great car. I learned to drive a standard on a 70 440 six-pack Challenger !!!!

My name and Hurst SC/Rambler was listed in Mopar Collector Guide a few months ago as my SC won the AMC class for the CHRYSLER CLASSIC EVENTS,see attachment. If you get the chance to go to one of these go as they are great.

on the street they were even better then a Hemi, again that is just my thought.

thanks,

Matt

Matt,

I remeber reading about that, awesome achievement. I have had my cars at Carlisle in the Invitational "T" building but never to the Chrysler Classics shows, my 66 Belvedere was invited & accepted to 3 Concours show's this year but due to my crazy schedule I can only make the Northeast Burn Prevention Concours at Lehigh PA, I heard it's an amazing show and I look forward to it. I'm sure your car has been nominated for concours shows as well. Regarding what is faster, my 440 Six Pack or My Hemi? MMMM tough question, I own 1 Hemi car a 66 Belvedere vert and 4 Six Pack cars, my Hemi runs STRONG, so it's hard to say, they are tempermental, and flood easy & foul plugs if you don't start them and exercise them Hemi's are a pain in the a$$, for overall dependability 440 are better, Hemi's however when tuned well run like no other!!! So if all things are equal tuning, etc the Hemi reigns supreme. grin.gif

Glad you saw that but my SC is far from being a show car. If it is to be a show car it needs taken apart and all cleaned up. I won that Chrysler Classic for the year because not many other AMC's showed up. Some of the AMC people just stick to them selfs to much. I enjoy getting the car out in front of all people and look at all the cool stuff that has happend for me because of this.I hope it brings more AMC people out of their shells !!!! My SC is playing on a high level simply because I have it out in front of people, not because it's the best one. It is just a Rare unrestored car that is seen,to me this makes it very rewarding and the car has earned it's right to stay how she is.

thanks,

Matt

My two buddies are die hard Mopar guys and just spent the weekend at E'town so I'm sure that Rich and Tom were asking lots of questions about it if they saw you. Very nice indeed!

Great car! I had a buddy in school that had one the same year and color but with 340-4bbl w/pistol grip 4 speed. Your car took me back a few years. Thanks for sharing cool.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">here is my 70 challenger r/t </div></div>

Cool ride Ted. grin.gif